Page 1080 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 8058098010301070107810791080108110821090113011801580 ... LastLast
Results 10,791 to 10,800 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #10791
    New Member omegaman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    I was under the impression that +R's won't work in Wii's. The Wii community seems to prefer Verbatim -R's. I'd stick with those. Though I'd imagine the Taiyo Yuden -R's would work very well too. Given the appalling slow load times of DVD's, i'd stick with USB though...

  2. #10792
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,500
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,634 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    DVD+Rs will work. The theory goes that the Wii has (marginally) a harder time reading them, which means the laser would wear out quicker. The plus side (if you want to look at it that way) is with a burner that's capable of bitsetting, you can use those and flag the +R 's booktype DVD-ROM. Avoid rewritable media altogether on the Wii, that will by far either not be recognized or wear out your laser prematurely more than any other kind of media. Extremely poor reflective quality...

  3. #10793
    Hrs
    Hrs is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Enter your serial number here:Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation^It's fairly accurate (D3-2 or D4 won't play optical backups --- meaning, only USB would work).Start this guide from beginning to end, it'll overwrite whatever you had from the um, "bad" guide you attempted to follow.
    I've followed all of the steps in this guide with no errors or mistakes and still I cant load my Dvd's. (Only burned 2). I went ahead and saw the information about my chipset and got:Wii Model number and video region Serial number: LEF200502328The Wii probably has a RVL-001(EUR) model number and is produced for the European market. The copyright year is 2006.DVD drive and chipset features Your drive most likely has the following chipset:•There is a 50% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip.•And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip.•Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2R-D2A. Since I dont understand much about this stuff, can you help me make sense of this? Should I be able to play my Dvd's? I keep getting "Dvd read error 1167".I'll try the USB mode tomorrow but It's not a great solution since I have no USB drives with that much capacity and my external HDD is for my personal backup only. :/ Thanks for your help.

  4. #10794
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    The database gives you 3 possibilities, and this doesn't seem to be a clear description of anything for most ppl.
    Also this really has nothing to do with any procedures of this guide.
    My advice. try it and if it works, it works. If not get a usb storage device.

    Again, this has nothing to do with this guide.

  5. #10795
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrs View Post
    I've followed all of the steps in this guide with no errors or mistakes and still I cant load my Dvd's. (Only burned 2). I went ahead and saw the information about my chipset and got:Wii Model number and video region Serial number: LEF200502328The Wii probably has a RVL-001(EUR) model number and is produced for the European market. The copyright year is 2006.DVD drive and chipset features Your drive most likely has the following chipset:•There is a 50% chance the chipset is Combined GC2-D3 with no drive chip.•And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip.•Lastly, a 25% chance the chipset is GC2R-D2A. Since I dont understand much about this stuff, can you help me make sense of this? Should I be able to play my Dvd's? I keep getting "Dvd read error 1167".I'll try the USB mode tomorrow but It's not a great solution since I have no USB drives with that much capacity and my external HDD is for my personal backup only. :/ Thanks for your help.
    I softmodded about 6 months ago following maui's guide. Not one single problem. I bought a 250G WD HDD on ebay for $40. so far I've backed up about 15 of the 20 something games I own and still have lots of space. Soooooooo for 40 bucks why mess with DVDs

  6. 1 User Says Thank You pzelak For This Useful Post


  7. #10796
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Followed every step on this guide. But still can't play burned games

    i followed all the steps in this guide and i had no problems installing all the stuff required. But when i tried inserting burned games into my wii and load it from backup loaders from this guide. it wont still play the game. cant read dvd error. i got a 4.3e version. help pls! thanks!

  8. #10797
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    its possable your wii cant play backup discs only usb loading
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  9. #10798
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burawski View Post
    i followed all the steps in this guide and i had no problems installing all the stuff required. But when i tried inserting burned games into my wii and load it from backup loaders from this guide. it wont still play the game. cant read dvd error. i got a 4.3e version. help pls! thanks!
    More ppl should read the other posts

    4.3= newer Wii= no play backups
    Last edited by pzelak; 09-21-2011 at 06:22 AM.

  10. #10799
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pzelak View Post
    More ppl should read the other posts

    4.3= newer Wii= no play backups
    Part of that statement is true.

    Any wii console can have 4.3 system menu as a result of a system update. Therefore 4.3 as a catagory isn't a realistic way of looking at it's abilities.
    The issue was for models made after Sept of 09. Since this is 2 years now, the term Newer is kinda losing it's meaning on this issue.
    They can play backups, just not disk backups.

  11. #10800
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello folks,

    I have followed this guide step by step, and now I have the Backup Loader channel which is an autoboot Neogamma mod.

    Before following this guide my 3.2U Wii already had installed two backup loader channels: SoftChip loader and an old version of Neogamma.

    After following the guide, I have tried to load my disc backup games via the newly installed Backup Channel, but to no success. I keep getting "DVD load error 1179" with all my backups. The weird fact is that I can load them properly via the old Softchip Loader that was already installed, so my Wii can definitely read DVD backups.

    I'd like to use the new autoboot Neogamma to load my games, for purposes of compatibility - I can't load my Donkey Kong Country Returns via Softchip loader, for example.

    Does anyone have a clue on why my new Neogamma isn't working, as well as on a possible solution?

    Thanks in advance!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •