That's because at one time there were 2 guides. One for virgin consoles and one for those that were previously modded, but accidently updated.
THANK YOU WIIHACKS , i finished and i modded my wii at least. i thank you for all advices ... everyone can hack an wii with this instructions, step by step because are very simple if you are carefully . i will receive my salary and i will donate here for my appreciation . thanks again
Hi, I have been trying to get the Homebrew Channel on my wii for the past 2 weeks, but it freezes when I get to the "Press 1 to Continue" part in the hackmii installer. This is what I have done.
1. I went to the store to buy a Sandisk 2GB SD Card.
2. Went home, put it into my laptop and then formatted it. (Right click on SD in computer, select format, uncheck quick format, and select FAT32. I then pressed format, and waited until it was done.)
3. Next, I turned on my wii so I could find out what my mac address was.
4. I went to Letterbomb and selected 4.3., put in my mac address, and then selected "Cut the red wire"
5. I opened the file, and dragged both the files (*besides the txt files) into the sd card.
6. I then took the sd card out, and put it into my wii.
7. I waited until I got the Letterbomb mail, and then I clicked it.
8. Everything was going fine until I got to the point where it told me to "Press 1 to continue". I click 1 on my wii remote, and nothing happens.
My Wii version is 4.3u, I've had the Homebrew Channel on my Wii before, but somehow it got deleted. I believe it was easier since it was a lower version. I do not rapid click "1" on press anything on the remote before the "Press 1 to continue" part comes up.. so it's not because I'm clicking the buttons too soon. Also, I have nothing plugged into my wii. No gamecube controller, memory cards, nothing.
If anyone could help me that would be fantastic..Thank you.
Hi, I followed the guide with success (using a SDHC 8gb!), but backed up dvd-r games wonīt load, i get "dvd read error (1167)"
How can I tell if dvd-r playback will work? because i have only one game with dvd-r.
Is there any instructions to backup wii sports to test if it works in backup disk channel?
Tanks a lot in advise!
for the record, my Wii SN is LU117530834
Thanks a lot!
Sounds like it won't play disk backups to me.
Hi there, I've read your guide and I have to say it seems very complete. After reading it I have some questions. To softmod my wii I used a different guide that got me nowhere. Is it possible for me to clean out what I've done so far so that I can follow your guide? I installed the HMC and BootMii , Trucha Bug , Priiloader and some cIOS and made a Nand backup, so I think I can put it back the way it was. Also, with all of my loaders I either canīt read the dvd (Read error or Error locl) or cant launch from the USB. Is there a way to know what my chipset is so that I wont spend any more money on DVD's that have no use? Finally, I bought Verbatin +R DVD's. Did I do the wrong thing? If so, I just wasted 2 DVD's and have 23 others of no use. If you can help me out thar would be great. Hrs.
Enter your serial number here:
Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation
^It's fairly accurate (D3-2 or D4 won't play optical backups --- meaning, only USB would work).
Start this guide from beginning to end, it'll overwrite whatever you had from the um, "bad" guide you attempted to follow.