Page 1048 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104610471048104910501058109811481548 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 18304

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #10471
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    cant load game through usb hd or disc

    hi, firstly please forgive me as i may appear a little stupid. i have been through the guide and i think i successfully modded my wi previously on a 3.1e. now states 4.1. im having trouble loading any game. still plays originals etc but when i try to load through the usb from a hard drive formatted on fat 32 and nt it does not reconise it. also from disc as an iso shows the game title in top left but on trying to load says loading, checking wii system memory then comes up disc error. i really hope im doing something stupid and somebody could point me in the right direction please. thanks in advance

  2. #10472
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loadsachips2 View Post
    hi, firstly please forgive me as i may appear a little stupid. i have been through the guide and i think i successfully modded my wi previously on a 3.1e. now states 4.1. im having trouble loading any game. still plays originals etc but when i try to load through the usb from a hard drive formatted on fat 32 and nt it does not reconise it. also from disc as an iso shows the game title in top left but on trying to load says loading, checking wii system memory then comes up disc error. i really hope im doing something stupid and somebody could point me in the right direction please. thanks in advance
    Did you use a guide to set up your hdd? Did you set it primary and active? Look at THIS GUIDE for setting it up. Use wii backup manager to transfer your games too. If you have questions about it.,ask there. This thread is for the soft mod guide and I think you did that correctly already.

  3. #10473
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    You use the modpack for what ever region your wii is.... You can alter the region settings in the usb loader..
    Excuse my ignorance, but this means that yes you can play PAL backup on a NTSC WII? And what about actually backing up the PAL games from a non-PAL WII?

    (Sorry to hijack)

    Phad

  4. #10474
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    You're right, thread jacking is against the forum rules. There's a section for backup loaders, a section on backing up/burning. Why don't you look rather than asking for a spoon in a non-related (to your questions) thread?

  5. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  6. #10475
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    You're right, thread jacking is against the forum rules. There's a section for backup loaders, a section on backing up/burning. Why don't you look rather than asking for a spoon in a non-related (to your questions) thread?
    Apologies.

  7. #10476
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Software Backup Loaders
    Dumping & Burning Wii Discs

    ^That's as far as the spoon goes, lol

  8. #10477
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes oprea error nightstah, it asks if i need help with opera. Problem is read as this:
    YOU TRIED TO ACCESS THE ADDRESS MARC:FIX/US/ENG/INDEX01.HTML
    tHANKS!

  9. #10478
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cenzo6945 View Post
    yes oprea error nightstah, it asks if i need help with opera. Problem is read as this:
    YOU TRIED TO ACCESS THE ADDRESS MARC:FIX/US/ENG/INDEX01.HTML
    tHANKS!
    http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...era-error.html

  10. #10479
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question

    nice guide and easy to follow,
    but there is something bothering me:

    It's been about 1 1/2 half year since I used my Wii,
    Of course now I would like to play

    back then I used the "New 3.1-4.1 Sofmod for ANY Wii" : http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-arc...d-any-wii.html; which in return recommends this Tutorial now: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    So my Wii IS currently on 4.1E and still works without any problems (that I could find right now);
    The last time I started HBC, I used the Update function (HBC only! nothing else was changed)
    My SD-card still has its old settings and files (root unchanged)

    Is there anything I need to update/change/do which relates to this Guide?
    Would you recommend a "Do over"? Step1-"warning: It is illegal to obtain...."
    I only need certain parts (which seems unlikely as it might be too risky for me too just install this or that )

    Or can I leave everything as it is?
    AND play New"Original" games without problems?? (Disabled the Disk-Update function in my Priiloader settings)

    my old games and "backups" work of course still fine too (just worried about new games)


    Hope my question is not too complicated or too useless and thanks for help beforehand

  11. #10480
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Part 1, Chapter 1 --- click the first spoiler under that (HBC already installed). The cIOS have been updated, the System Menu IOS have been updated. It would be advantageous to start there.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •