Page 1040 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 405409409901030103810391040104110421050109011401540 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #10391
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    neogamma ??

    Hi one and all,

    ive just softmodded using the softmod any wii guide and it was spot on no problems or issues and no white door stop at the end of it. This is my first ever time doing this, so its all new too me, I have searched and searched but can not seem to find any answers.
    I have copied my first game using the guide on here, I used img burn and burnt at x4 on a dvd-r disc, (will be using a external HD in the very near future!) it all completed totally fine, I ran it on the wii, the image showed up of the game as normal and then I clicked to start and play it the game started up then stopped with an error to remove disc restart wii and consult instructions. I have read not to use burned discs with the normal installed programme but to use neogamma. Here in lays my problem, I can not find neogamma anywhere on any channels. Where should it be? If some how I have missed (although I cant see how) it, how do I go about adding it to the system.
    Im on version 4.3e it is a very old wii just has updated version software. Sorry this is probably such a simple thing but im pulling my hair out, for the record I have ran the original disc and it runs totally fine.
    Please help a new (noob)ie out

  2. #10392
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best guide ever, you have a gift sir.

    I've used your guide to help a few of my friends mod there Wiis. I loved the way you set it up, and it played every game no problem.

    The problem is my Wii was already modded, and I figured I would just follow your guide and do mine the same. When I did everything went smooth but when I went to run usb gx it errored. When I tried using usb loader config it resetted and when I tried using another version of usb config it kept searching for my external usb even though it showed up on my PC.

    Thanks for your superior advise.

  3. #10393
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hi blazemc,

    You could always try removing the CFG forwarder channel and reinstalling it - especially if it was there from an older hack.

  4. #10394
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-G View Post
    Hi one and all,

    ive just softmodded using the softmod any wii guide and it was spot on no problems or issues and no white door stop at the end of it. This is my first ever time doing this, so its all new too me, I have searched and searched but can not seem to find any answers.
    I have copied my first game using the guide on here, I used img burn and burnt at x4 on a dvd-r disc, (will be using a external HD in the very near future!) it all completed totally fine, I ran it on the wii, the image showed up of the game as normal and then I clicked to start and play it the game started up then stopped with an error to remove disc restart wii and consult instructions. I have read not to use burned discs with the normal installed programme but to use neogamma. Here in lays my problem, I can not find neogamma anywhere on any channels. Where should it be? If some how I have missed (although I cant see how) it, how do I go about adding it to the system.
    Im on version 4.3e it is a very old wii just has updated version software. Sorry this is probably such a simple thing but im pulling my hair out, for the record I have ran the original disc and it runs totally fine.
    Please help a new (noob)ie out
    Go here-->http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-arc...-channels.html
    You can get the .dol file and load neogamma through the HBC,
    or install the neogamma channel wad and have neogamma as a channel
    on your wii's main screen!



  5. 1 User Says Thank You bmarlo For This Useful Post


  6. #10395
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    Go here-->http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-arc...-channels.html
    You can get the .dol file and load neogamma through the HBC,
    or install the neogamma channel wad and have neogamma as a channel
    on your wii's main screen!
    Hi bmarlo,
    Thanks for the quick advise can I just ask is it as simple as downloading the doc save it to the sd and stick it in the wii and install or will I need to re-install the lot again to get it on and running

  7. #10396
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-G View Post
    Hi bmarlo,
    Thanks for the quick advise can I just ask is it as simple as downloading the doc save it to the sd and stick it in the wii and install or will I need to re-install the lot again to get it on and running
    Download the .dol file, put it in Apps folder on your SD card,
    put SD card in the Wii, boot Wii, start the Homebrew channel,
    find neogamma, load neogamma.



  8. #10397
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SO before i do anything stupid let me get this straight,
    im on 4.1e already hacked n modded but only with the latest d2x mod...
    If i do this in this order i wont get any errors right?
    install all wads then>system menu 4.1 then> ios-update then> shop channel>finished i should have no problems?

    cheers

  9. #10398
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles David Brown View Post
    try removing the SD, or rename the bootmii folder to something else, temporarily, see if it boots.
    I tried removing the SD card; didn't work.
    What should I rename it to?
    By the way, upon booting the Wii, I always turn on the Wii Remote (press a button). Could this be what makes BootMii not boot?
    Last edited by Chevaughn; 08-24-2011 at 06:04 AM.

  10. #10399
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks great tutorial, just updated my old softmod with this
    Posted a newer syscheck on the how to do and post a syscheck section,

    However
    backup discs channel, i tried on on my SMG2 backup with comes up as disc read error 1217 (or something) But loads fine on neogamma R8 and R9 v50 ?
    Any way to reconfig this?

  11. #10400
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for this great guide.

    Managed to softmod my red 4.3U Wii using letterbomb, and now will the apps installed its running a charm.

    Keep up the great work guys

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •