Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 582

Thread: [Guide] Fat32

  1. #41
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,816
    Thanks
    881
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Sd card is not needed, you put the emulator apps in the app folder on the root of the usb hd and then roms etc wherever u want on the hd and that is it

  2. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah ok thanks.

  3. #43
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi

    I've got a Sumvision Cyclone Primus Cyclone Primus with a 500GB HD (a Samsung HM500JI I think) inside. This appears as a USB drive when the Primus is connected to a PC.

    I'm thinking about also using it as a USB drive for my Wii, but am a bit worried about the possibility of the Wii messing up the drive and losing all the movies/pictures that are stored on there.

    Perhaps I could partition the drive and use the second partition only for the Wii. Would that prevent the Wii damaging the first partition?

    Otherwise I'll probably just put a few games on a 16GB SDHC card for now and get another HD when prices come down.

  4. #44
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doveman
    Hi

    I've got a Sumvision Cyclone Primus Cyclone Primus with a 500GB HD (a Samsung HM500JI I think) inside. This appears as a USB drive when the Primus is connected to a PC.

    I'm thinking about also using it as a USB drive for my Wii, but am a bit worried about the possibility of the Wii messing up the drive and losing all the movies/pictures that are stored on there.

    Perhaps I could partition the drive and use the second partition only for the Wii. Would that prevent the Wii damaging the first partition?

    Otherwise I'll probably just put a few games on a 16GB SDHC card for now and get another HD when prices come down.
    Yeah you could do that. But the Wii shouldn't cause any problems that can't be fixed by chkdsk (and it probably want do that either).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  6. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Yeah you could do that. But the Wii shouldn't cause any problems that can't be fixed by chkdsk (and it probably want do that either).
    OK cool. I was just a bit worried about what SpartanG01 was saying about Wiiflow corrupting his HD.

  7. #46
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    I've had a little corruption, but it's always fixable without formatting (in my case by running dosfsck -av /dev/sdb1).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  9. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    I've had a little corruption, but it's always fixable without formatting (in my case by running dosfsck -av /dev/sdb1).
    Thanks, that's reassuring.

    I'm still curious as to whether I can partition the drive and make the Wii only see/access the second partiton though, as that would seem to be the safest option.

  10. #48
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Yes you can do that easily. Simply make a partition for just your Wii stuff and point your USB loader to that partition. Should work out nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  12. #49
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Yes you can do that easily. Simply make a partition for just your Wii stuff and point your USB loader to that partition. Should work out nicely.
    That's great. Thanks for the advice.

  13. #50
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,903
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 829 Posts
    Are there any risks to making a large drive (say 100gb or more) formatted to FAT32? I've been using a FAT32 partition of 146gb off my 1T for my Wii and leaving the other 700 something for my PC but lately my HDD has been having issues (had a major corruption this week). My brother was able to rescue my data (don't know if it's all safe but so far only about 6 Wii games have broken). Anyway I'm just wondering if this might be because I'm using a partition of 146gb as FAT32?

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •