Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 427

Thread: [Guide] Wiiflow nand emulation guide

  1. #211
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great guide! Thank you for this.

    For anyone who followed mauifrog's guide having trouble with games not showing up on the usb partition, make sure to remove the wiiflow folders from your sd card.

    Almost everything work great for me after i figured this out.... except: Once I load a wiiware or VC game from my USB nand I lose connection with my black wiimotes. My ancient white ones don't seem to have any issues. My cIOS is current and my Wiimotes work fine in every other application. Any ideas?

  2. #212
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I finally got this working. Thanks. I set my NAND up emulation using a multipartitioned HDD. For those wondering, I set up the first partition as FAT32 and the second partition as wbfs. Then I set USB config to be a multipartitioned HDD and then it reads my hdd and I can play WW/VC games via WiiFlow.

    I have one question though... The only way I can get this to work is to remove the SD card. i have tried removing WiiFlow off the SD card, but it recreates the folder. Are there any suggestions so I can leave the SD card in but also use multipartitioned HDD?

  3. #213
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdoocheol View Post
    I finally got this working. Thanks. I set my NAND up emulation using a multipartitioned HDD. For those wondering, I set up the first partition as FAT32 and the second partition as wbfs. Then I set USB config to be a multipartitioned HDD and then it reads my hdd and I can play WW/VC games via WiiFlow.

    I have one question though... The only way I can get this to work is to remove the SD card. i have tried removing WiiFlow off the SD card, but it recreates the folder. Are there any suggestions so I can leave the SD card in but also use multipartitioned HDD?
    edit the ini and change all sd references to USB or USB1 or whatever it is.

  4. #214
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't seem to get wiiflow nand emulation working. I have 3 partitions; usb1 fat32 with apps including wiiflow, usb2 fat32 with strictly my nand, and usb3 ntfs for my ripped wbfs games.

    I had extracted my nand and installed several games, but when I enable nand emulation it asks to select a partition, I choose usb2 and nothing happens? Any ideas? Can I change the .ini?

    I have a fresh install with latest version. Thanks!

  5. #215
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles David Brown View Post
    edit the ini and change all sd references to USB or USB1 or whatever it is.
    Hmm, pretty sure I did that. Everything is already set to USB1, but still when I load Wiiflow with the SD connected it always freezes. I have tried removing the folders from the SD card, but they are always regenerated. Could you post the edited .ini?

    EDIT: I think I figured this out. For some reason when I would have teh SD card in, it would always create folders in the root directory of my USB device. So just moved nand folder contents to root and everything is good now. However, when I inject WADS into nand, i always have to delete the contents of the Wiiflow folder in root. for some reason my games do not show after injecting them, unless I completely reload Wiiflow. I'm guessing this has to do with the cache or the cover art I download? Anyways, it works.

    And to UnitMonster, i tried to do the same thing. I got it to work with 2 partitions, make sure fat32+nand is on first one and wbfs is the second one in disk management. that worked for me, at least. someone told me to switch to one fat32 drive and i did, seems a lot more effective too since i can move the files back and forth quite easily. i just use wii backupmmanager to convert iso to wbfs and then xfer to hdd.
    Last edited by kimdoocheol; 03-19-2012 at 10:55 PM.

  6. #216
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Oddly enough I have followed this guide to the "T" and when I go to launch a VC/WiiWare game, the disc slot light flashes very quickly once, like a blue strobe or something, then I get an error "Invalid Format" and I have to hard reset my Wii. I've tried this using Homebrew set to SD and to USB. Doesn't seem to matter. I've even tried it with no sd card at all. Any thoughts?

  7. #217
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    Oddly enough I have followed this guide to the "T" and when I go to launch a VC/WiiWare game, the disc slot light flashes very quickly once, like a blue strobe or something, then I get an error "Invalid Format" and I have to hard reset my Wii. I've tried this using Homebrew set to SD and to USB. Doesn't seem to matter. I've even tried it with no sd card at all. Any thoughts?
    Try having the contents of the nand folder on the root instead.

  8. 2 Users Say Thank You to playerkp420 For This Useful Post


  9. #218
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Try having the contents of the nand folder on the root instead.
    Awesome idea! Ill try it now. Thanks!

    EDIT-----

    Alrightee then, tried moving all the subdirectories of the nand folder on the root of my udb hdd and then deleted the nand folder. What happened was I could see MY actual nand as well as the contents of my homebrew folder (all the homebreww stuff I installed) but could not see any of the WiiWare/VC stuff.

    One thing that's interesting to note is that this Wii was originally a 3.4 and using the ANY guide, upped to 4.1. I had a similiar issue with another Wii awhile back and after a few weeks of trying to figure out the problem, I updated the system menu, via N*ntendo, to 4.3, then ANY guide modded it again. That Wii seems to be working with this. Weird eh?

    Guess Ill recreate the nand folder now and move everything back now. Thanks for trying to help m8.

    ---EDIT
    Giving up on this revision for nand emulation, will wait for the next official revision before I give this another go I suppose.
    Last edited by painless; 03-30-2012 at 07:09 AM.

  10. #219
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,833
    Thanks
    915
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    Awesome idea! Ill try it now. Thanks!

    EDIT-----

    Alrightee then, tried moving all the subdirectories of the nand folder on the root of my udb hdd and then deleted the nand folder. What happened was I could see MY actual nand as well as the contents of my homebrew folder (all the homebreww stuff I installed) but could not see any of the WiiWare/VC stuff.

    One thing that's interesting to note is that this Wii was originally a 3.4 and using the ANY guide, upped to 4.1. I had a similiar issue with another Wii awhile back and after a few weeks of trying to figure out the problem, I updated the system menu, via N*ntendo, to 4.3, then ANY guide modded it again. That Wii seems to be working with this. Weird eh?

    Guess Ill recreate the nand folder now and move everything back now. Thanks for trying to help m8.

    ---EDIT
    Giving up on this revision for nand emulation, will wait for the next official revision before I give this another go I suppose.
    When u load wiiflow and u have the channel icons in the bottom right of your screen press A and see if that takes u to your emulated nand

  11. #220
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Yes, in fact it does take me to my emulated nand.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •