WiiPower has been doing some work on Neogamma and GC backup launching.
If you are having problems launching your GC backups or retail discs then try
using the following -
NeoGamma r9 beta 27 from WiiPower - HERE
and install this WiiGator cMIOS - HERE
Here is a little guide on how to use the new version of NeoGamma's GC backup launcher
1. First you will need to use NUS downloader to download MIOS v4. Don't forget to select pack as a wad. LOOK HERE
for NUS Downloader.
2. Rename the downloaded wad to RVL-mios-v4.wad
3. Place the RVL-mios-v4.wad on the root of the SD card (do not place in the wad folder)
4. Run the WiiGator MIOS patcher, the one I posted a few lines up, make sure to use IOS249 to do the installing.
5. Load the NeoGamma I posted above.
6. Select options, then select General Options.
7. Set the Save Config to YES, then select Return to Menu
8. Select GC Options, Set the GC Mode to Internal, set the Force Video to Wii.
9. Return to the Main Menu and Launch Game.