Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 751

Thread: Playing Gamecube Backups From Disc

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbodo17 View Post
    i did what you said and i still cant get it to work it just stays at the gc backup launcher screen for awhile while the laser moves and makes noises then it restarts what am i doing wrong and do you need a gc memory card for this to work or just to save game thanks plzzzzzzzzzzz help

    The memory card? unless you like to start every game from the beginning everytime you play, then you don't need a game cube memory card. The only thing you need to do to your Wii to be able to play GC backups is install the cMIOS (or patch the MIOS). If your sure you installed the cMIOS correctly, then the problems are on your end. You either did not burn the disc correctly, you may have used faulty blank DVD media, the ISO may have been corrupted at some point of the uploading or downloading process. Maybe your trying to play games that don't work to start with, have you check the compatibility list?

    have you tried re burning the game or even tried a different brand of DVD, you are using DVD -R right? If your burning with DVD +R, then set the book type to DVD ROM.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I can get some help.I am new and have already softmoded my 4.2u wii and used the link you provided above.I dont have wifi and when connected to my wii lan divice it just stays on the misopatcher install but the internet is working as the weather channel works.please help and thank you.

    maybe it might not even work as my wii is new and has that new d-2 drive that cant play wii backup.what you think stomp?
    Last edited by poopaapii; 02-08-2010 at 09:53 AM.

  3. #13
    New Member cybercrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monticello, IL
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
    I am wondering if anybody has gotten NCAA Basketball 2K3 working? Since this Sega game is one of the rarest GCN games, downloading the ISO is the only way I have been able to get it. When I load it, the opening logo and movie screen plays, but I get a black screen when I click Start. I can never actually play the game. I have tried it on 3 different softmod Wiis, so it must either be the software is not compatible or the ISO is bad. Any ideas?

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Can I play PAL Gamecube games on a NTSC 4.2u Wii with this method?

    There are some torrents going around that contain every GC game made, but they are all PAL.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Install the custom MIOS



    Use DVD -R, Verbatim or Tayio Yuden for best results. Sony or Ritek are good second choices but in no way compare to the first choices.
    Hey thanks alot i'll look into getting some Verbatim DVD -R since they are pretty cheap

  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    if you have priiloader install
    set it to use ios249 on the system menu and you can load gc games from the disc channel.
    it will still load the backup launcher but you dont need an extra channel

    and does any know if you can set up the backup launcher to start the game on auto and not make press the button to load it

    i got small kids and if you press the wrong button... you know
    daddy somethings wrong with the wii, and i have to unplug it and turn it back on and say press A
    kids like to do it them selfs

    I WANNA DO IT!!

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was able to find miso V8 files and place them on my sd card.then I used miospatcher and everything seemed fine.I made a backup of crazy taxi with dvd-r Verbatim as you recommended.once i placed the dvd in the drive and opened the gc launcher on the screen came a message saying error and "no disc in drivee" then the wii restarted.please help........

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This guide is excellent, I followed it and it booted up GC games perfectly. Thankyou!

    Only one problem though and I'm getting a little worried...

    After I was done playing a GC game I felt like some tennis. I put in Virtua Tennis 2009 and in the disc channel it said I needed to update in order to play the game. Reading these forums, its advised NOT to update at all. By the way I had no internet connection enabled. How is it asking me to update if there is no internet connection?

    I then swapped out the disc for Wii Sports and that didn't ask me for an update. I put in VT 2009 again and it asked me to update again. What do I do if I want to play this game or any other Wii game for that matter. I cannot find any information regarding this on the forum, or maybe I'm just blind. Please help and shed some light on this.




    Oh and once you are in a GC game, is there anyway to go back to the Wii menu without actually restarting the Wii?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by poopaapii View Post
    If I can get some help.I am new and have already softmoded my 4.2u wii and used the link you provided above.I dont have wifi and when connected to my wii lan divice it just stays on the misopatcher install but the internet is working as the weather channel works.please help and thank you.

    maybe it might not even work as my wii is new and has that new d-2 drive that cant play wii backup.what you think stomp?
    Use the cMIOS installer rev3 offline installation, by copying the RVL-mios-v8.wad to the root of your SD card and running the cMIOS installer and selecting WAD install, no internet connection required.
    d-2 drive is a problem, playing backup dvd's will not work, so installing the cMIOS will not do much for your d-2 problem

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmoon View Post
    Can I play PAL Gamecube games on a NTSC 4.2u Wii with this method?

    There are some torrents going around that contain every GC game made, but they are all PAL.
    most Pal games should work, just force your region with the loader, but check the compatibility list before burning, the game may have issues and save you a disc, I have seen where someone couldn't get a PAL game to work, then trying the NTSC-U version the game worked, it's your choice to go for a torrent of that size.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightX View Post
    if you have priiloader install
    set it to use ios249 on the system menu and you can load gc games from the disc channel.
    it will still load the backup launcher but you dont need an extra channel

    and does any know if you can set up the backup launcher to start the game on auto and not make press the button to load it

    i got small kids and if you press the wrong button... you know
    daddy somethings wrong with the wii, and i have to unplug it and turn it back on and say press A
    kids like to do it them selfs

    I WANNA DO IT!!
    I had one that auto forced PAL, so there are those sorts of loaders about, what exactly do you want the auto load to do automatically and what region is your Wii? I'll have a look around if I knew what to look for. MultiISO discs will not work like that, since you will have to select which game you want to play once the disc boots, for the autoload to function correctly you can put only one game per disc.

    Quote Originally Posted by poopaapii View Post
    I was able to find miso V8 files and place them on my sd card.then I used miospatcher and everything seemed fine.I made a backup of crazy taxi with dvd-r Verbatim as you recommended.once i placed the dvd in the drive and opened the gc launcher on the screen came a message saying error and "no disc in drivee" then the wii restarted.please help........
    The RVL-mios-v8 gets used with waninkoko's cMIOS rev3 installer, not the miospatcher. But the no disc in drive is odd, can you play Wii backup discs with your Wii?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_01 View Post
    This guide is excellent, I followed it and it booted up GC games perfectly. Thankyou!

    Only one problem though and I'm getting a little worried...

    After I was done playing a GC game I felt like some tennis. I put in Virtua Tennis 2009 and in the disc channel it said I needed to update in order to play the game. Reading these forums, its advised NOT to update at all. By the way I had no internet connection enabled. How is it asking me to update if there is no internet connection?

    I then swapped out the disc for Wii Sports and that didn't ask me for an update. I put in VT 2009 again and it asked me to update again. What do I do if I want to play this game or any other Wii game for that matter. I cannot find any information regarding this on the forum, or maybe I'm just blind. Please help and shed some light on this.

    Oh and once you are in a GC game, is there anyway to go back to the Wii menu without actually restarting the Wii?
    1. Do not update, that is a disc update, try booting the disc with NeoGamma, that should block disc updates. If you are playing a backup disc, you should be able to scrub the disc, that will remove the update. Or you could try installing something that will block disc updates. I have a softmodded Wii, and my number 1 rule, no playing original retail Wii games, the only time a retail disc goes in my Wii is to rip its contents to a USB HDD

    2. block updates, depending on what firmware your Wii is will determine what app to use, starfall or priiloader are good examples. I don't play Wii game discs so I don't worry about that, all my games are on USB HDD and updates are blocked automatically. It is best to install something that blocks updates, that way somebody else doesn't update your Wii accidentally.

    3. No, when palying GC games, your Wii goes into GameCube mode, pressing the power button once will return your Wii to Wii mode by restarting your Wii. I'm sure if you have priiloader installed, you can set that to bypass the Wii menu and boot a specific app automatically.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 02-09-2010 at 06:55 PM.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  11. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I was under the impression that the game cube loaders are neogamma and .1 .2 and xi or what ever they are the same program except neogamma
    What I ment to say is
    when you load a gc game the loader ask to press A for auto B for 480i and so on.
    I wish I could just say load all games on the auto setting that way its as fool proof as possible. It makes it more like the wii was before. easy for people

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •