Ok guys, I've hit a brick wall with this.
I've followed the guide several times, tried some of the troubleshooting suggestions, but still face a situation where in Neogamma the Nintendo logo appears briefly and the Wii freezes or in GC Backup Launcher, it hangs while trying to load GC games.
Here is what I can tell you about my Wii
- 4.2U firmware
- CIOS38 Rev19
- cMIOS is patched using the 2 network methods provided in the guide. No errors during the patch and I get Successful responses from them
- Wii does NOT have the D-2 drive
- I have tried the latest Neogamma R8 RC5 and GC Backup Loader 0.2
- Using the suggested Verbatim discs, burning at 4x and even 1x. I have tried multiple game images (mostly .gcm) and all have been NTSC format
- I use imgburn with and without the 2048 block setting
- I've disabled Disc Region Free setting in PriiLoader
- Played around with someof the Disc load options in Neogamma
- Neogamma will play backup Wii games with no issue - although I mainly use USB Loader GX as I use USB Hdd
I don't have any retail GC games to see if Neogamma will play those, but I am not sure it would really provide any clues if it could.