Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 975

Thread: Hackmii -FIX: no vulnerable ios, black screen, scam freeze

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,183
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,577 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by itsrainman View Post
    Ok Stupidly i used the safe updater to go to 4.2 which caused the homebrew channel to be upside down. I then deleted it to try and reinstall it which is where the problems started. No vunerable CIOS. I then formated the wii and upgraded via Nintendo to 4.2E and still unable to instal the HBC.

    So to the guide.

    At step 1 I an unable to uninstall IOS249 - the error -1017 is given.
    Step2 2 & 3 do also not work as I guess step 1 needs to complete.

    I am able to overwrite IOS249 though with the stub.

    Any help!!!
    Make sure you change ios249 to ios36 in wadmanager, then uninstall ios249.wad. If ios36 fails, try others.

    If step1 fails run tbr:

    -Format sd-card
    -download tbr.zip
    -Extract tbr.zip to the root of your sd-card
    -boot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, Trucha Bug Restorer should load
    -press B to choose No IOS Reload.
    -Go to Downgrade IOS15 and press A to downgrade.
    -Everytime it says "Load IOS from SD Card" press A.
    -exit

    -reboot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, Trucha Bug Restorer should load
    -choose IOS15 and press A.
    -Choose IOS36 Menu. In there use these settings:
    Code:
    Install IOS to slot (36)
    Hash Check (trucha) Yes
    ES_Identify Yes
    NAND Permissions Yes
    -Press A on Install Patched IOS36.
    -Press A when it says "load IOS from SD Card"
    -exit

    -reboot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, Trucha Bug Restorer should load
    -choose IOS36 and press A.
    -Then choose restore IOS15.
    -When it says "Load IOS from SD Card, Press A.

    -Return to step1
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. 3 Users Say Thank You to mauifrog For This Useful Post


  3. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If step1 fails run tbr:
    -Format sd-card
    -download tbr.zip
    -Extract tbr.zip to the root of your sd-card
    -boot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, Trucha Bug Restorer should load
    -press B to choose No IOS Reload.
    -Go to Downgrade IOS15 and press A to downgrade.
    -Everytime it says "Load IOS from SD Card" press A.
    -exit
    I got through loading both of the IOS from the SD card, then when it starts "Step 1: set the revision to 0", it died with ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035, etc.

    Excellent post tho, thanks for the info in the thread so far.

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,183
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,577 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDoleJr View Post
    I got through loading both of the IOS from the SD card, then when it starts "Step 1: set the revision to 0", it died with ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035, etc.

    Excellent post tho, thanks for the info in the thread so far.
    Try this, see if it works

    Install cios38rev14 with ios 250
    Format sd-card
    -extract step2.zip to the root of your sd-card
    -boot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, cios38rev14 installer should load
    -You will see ios249 highlighted, change to ios250. if fail try ios202,ios222, ios223,ios249
    -If your wii is online choose "Network install", otherwise choose "SD card", press A
    -Proceed with cios38rev14 installation and your finished.
    -If pass go step3

    ~*If all the above fails download ios16.zip and extract to sd:\wads. Lauch wadmanager and install ios16. If ios16 installs repeat step 1 selecting ios16. If fail attempt step3 using ios16 in place of 249- if pass return to step2
    Last edited by mauifrog; 11-14-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. 2 Users Say Thank You to mauifrog For This Useful Post


  6. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    When I tried to play a backup, Neogamma is kicking me back to the Wii menu. Can someone please help? (I've tried two different games. I don't have an external drive to use, I've been using DVDs)
    Last edited by Dogod; 11-15-2009 at 07:58 AM.

  7. #15
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,183
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,577 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogod View Post
    When I tried to play a backup, Neogamma is kicking me back to the Wii menu. Can someone please help? (I've tried two different games. I don't have an external drive to use, I've been using DVDs)
    Try neogamma r8 beta10, load from hbc and see if this changes anything. Did you try loading your backups from the disk channel?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The disc channel won't even recognize the disc. (DVDx is installed)

    EDIT: No luck with R8 either...
    Last edited by Dogod; 11-15-2009 at 08:28 AM.

  9. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks very much! hbc is no longer upside down and backups work great! Any word n a fix to load from disc channel?

  10. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Try this, see if it works

    Install cios38rev14 with ios 250
    Format sd-card
    -extract step2.zip to the root of your sd-card
    -boot wii with sd-card removed
    -Click sd-card icon from wii channel menu, then insert sd-card into wii
    -Load boot.dol/elf, cios38rev14 installer should load
    -You will see ios249 highlighted, change to ios250. if fail try ios202,ios222, ios223,ios249
    -If your wii is online choose "Network install", otherwise choose "SD card", press A
    -Proceed with cios38rev14 installation and your finished.
    -If pass go step3

    ~*If all the above fails download ios16.zip and extract to sd:\wads. Lauch wadmanager and install ios16. If ios16 installs repeat step 1 selecting ios16. If fail attempt step3 using ios16 in place of 249- if pass return to step2

    The IOS16 workaround worked for me. Still not getting discs to run from the disc channel, but I can hash that out another day Just glad to have HBC reinstalled and working. Thanks for all your help!

  11. #19
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,183
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,577 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogod View Post
    The disc channel won't even recognize the disc. (DVDx is installed)

    EDIT: No luck with R8 either...
    This was working before the 4.2 update? What errors are you getting with neogamma? Test out a usb loader, see if that works for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by clouduz View Post
    thanks very much! hbc is no longer upside down and backups work great! Any word n a fix to load from disc channel?
    Only cIOSCORP 3.5 supports system menu 4.2, if you wish to fix cIOSCORP see this thread cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!
    Last edited by Jax; 01-02-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts...
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  12. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    This was working before the 4.2 update? What errors are you getting with neogamma? Test out a usb loader, see if that works for you.
    No, this was never working. I (stupidly) updated it before this point.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •