Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 949

Thread: [Guide] Devolution - USB Loading GameCube Games On Wii

  1. #411
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    USB/apps/gc_devo is only for the basic loader. Memcard.bin should be in the usbloader folder as detailed in this guide. You can replace it with a new Memcard.bin containing all of your saves from your memory card, just follow the guide to do so.



    You seem to be confused as to what the no disc function is for and why devolution needs a disc, no disc, initially, was for Dios Mios and was used to trick the system to thinking you were using a actual disc when really it was loading from USB. This is feature is now obsolete and should be left off. When you first run a game with Devolution you will need the disc to verify the game only one time. Any other time after that the disc is not required and there does not need to be a disc in the system. If you have a disc in the drive, take it out.
    ok ill try that part with your 2nd post,
    but for some reason i already have a memcard.bin folder in my usb loader and its 16mb, but i dunno wheres it from, my mem card is 16mb but i havent done any save dumping... ill make a backup of it and see if it changes anything
    EDIT: i just tried replacing, cfg loader seems to have found it because it went resize mem card, etc but super mario sunshine did not find my save file and claimed there was no mem card in slot A, NMM was enabled and when i checked the SD card the memcard file.bin went from 512kb to 16mb
    Last edited by MajorFoley; 06-16-2013 at 11:44 PM.

  2. #412
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorFoley
    ok ill try that part with your 2nd post,
    but for some reason i already have a memcard.bin folder in my usb loader and its 16mb, but i dunno wheres it from, my mem card is 16mb but i havent done any save dumping... ill make a backup of it and see if it changes anything
    Have you already loaded a game using Memcard emulation? If so that is why, if not then perhaps the newer revisions of CFG loader auto generated the required Memcard.bin. 16mb is devolutions default Memcard.bin size.

  3. #413
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Have you already loaded a game using Memcard emulation? If so that is why, if not then perhaps the newer revisions of CFG loader auto generated the required Memcard.bin. 16mb is devolutions default Memcard.bin size.
    i dont believe i have, i tried another game, it also couldnt find its save game and they are still reading no memory card. in the hdd though where my games are kept, in the folder apps there is a gc_devo folder with a bunch of DVV files, maybe if i put the bin file there?

    EDIT: ok that didnt work, plus the USB loader is on the SD card not on the USB, the games are on the usb and a gc_devo folder is on the USB but it only contains DVV files and when i put memcard.bin in there it didnt work, whenever i put the memcard.bin where the old one is, it will resize it to 16MB and the save file will still not show up i did rename the raw file you suggested which in my case would be something like numbers then june (date) etc
    Last edited by MajorFoley; 06-16-2013 at 11:59 PM.

  4. #414
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    I want to make sure I have this right, and that you do as well. You have the file "memcard.bin" inside USB/apps/gc_devo (the same folder with all the .dvv files), correct?

    Please make sure you're following Part 4 of this guide. Make sure you have not skipped over anything. If you follow that as detailed you will rip your entire memory card into a raw file which you will then rename to memcard.bin. I have detailed the full process including the correct location where the memcard.bin should be placed as well as how to enable it.

  5. #415
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    I want to make sure I have this right, and that you do as well. You have the file "memcard.bin" inside USB/apps/gc_devo (the same folder with all the .dvv files), correct?

    Please make sure you're following Part 4 of this guide. Make sure you have not skipped over anything. If you follow that as detailed you will rip your entire memory card into a raw file which you will then rename to memcard.bin. I have detailed the full process including the correct location where the memcard.bin should be placed as well as how to enable it.
    pretty sure i havent skipped anything, i mad a raw backup using GCMM, found it on my memory card a file similar to yours, except it had june on it, copied it to that folder, but yeah, when it ran it couldnt find any of my gamecube saves

  6. #416
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
    FYI, you can download the newest Devolution release from the compatibility wiki as well.
    Thanks for the info but I noticed when downloading the zip file from the compatibility wiki that it was the zip file that didn't have the loader.bin file in it. Unless I missed something or went to the wrong compatibility page. But the it links to the gc_devo.zip file which doesn't have the loader.bin file in it. I don't know if that was a mistake on their part or if they usually don't include it. The only place I've been able to find it is in the zip file called gc_devo_src.zip which I don't see on the compatibility wiki page. This is just for everyone's information. I have Devolution working perfectly right now with USB Loader GX. Thanks again for the guide and help.

  7. #417
    New Member Nintendo Maniac 64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    185
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorFoley View Post
    pretty sure i havent skipped anything, i mad a raw backup using GCMM, found it on my memory card a file similar to yours, except it had june on it, copied it to that folder, but yeah, when it ran it couldnt find any of my gamecube saves
    Have you tried resizing your save to 16mb before testing it in CFG?
    https://code.google.com/p/gcmm/downl...e=RawTools.rar

    Also, have you tested it with the sample loader?

  8. #418
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    The short answer is that it doesn't work because cfg loader is a buggy piece of shit.
    The long answer is that it tries to set up memory card emulation from the wrong drive (SD instead of USB or vice versa) and passes the wrong cluster/sector for the memcard.bin file to Devolution (because it's from a completely different filesystem/drive), which can cause catastrophic data loss when a game gets saved over your partition table.

  9. 4 Users Say Thank You to tueidj For This Useful Post


  10. #419
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Well there we are, an explanation from tueidj himself

    Also, I need to make a correction to myself (correction is in bold type):

    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master

    Memcard.bin should be in USB/apps/gc_devo as detailed in this guide, this is the same folder with your DVVs and the ONLY place Memcard.bin can correctly be used from. You can replace it with a new Memcard.bin containing all of your saves from your memory card, just follow the guide to do so.

  11. #420
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    It doesn't matter where you put memcard.bin, if cfg loader is on the SD card then that's what it will try to use for memory card emulation and if you're loading a game from USB, it will screw things up. CFG shouldn't be used at all - the reason I bothered posting here is because it's extremely dangerous and very likely to cause filesystem corruption.

Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •