Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 466

Thread: [Guide] Usb loader Gx including Dios Mios and Emulated nand

  1. #231
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscMurderer View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more clear on that. I meant to say replace the boot.dol already present in the USB Loader GX folder with the correct one from the download, if you use USB Loader GX with IOS222, use the r1203_IOS222 boot.dol, same with IOS249 and IOS250. I use USB Loader GX over IOS249, so I use the r1203_IOS249 boot.dol.
    Thanks bro, for the quick response. It works great now.
    Now if you don't mind another 2 questions, do I have to follow the nand setup to emulate a gc memory card? Also anyone figured out how to get
    Kirby's air ride working? The FAQ states that it won't work with DiscEX, so I'm assuming there must be another way.

  2. #232
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm pretty sure you have to follow the emuNand setup part for that, but be warned that not every game works with NMM ( NoMoreMemory Cards ), so I would still keep a physical card handy. I haven't tried to get Kirby's Air Ride working since I lost my disc, if I find it I'll try though.

    EDIT : Be sure to set the paths, set the Main Gamecube path to USB1. Also in the Loader Settings, set Nand Saves Emulation and Nand Channel Emulation to full.

    EDIT 2 : Yay, 100th post !

  3. #233
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscMurderer View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to follow the emuNand setup part for that, but be warned that not every game works with NMM ( NoMoreMemory Cards ), so I would still keep a physical card handy. I haven't tried to get Kirby's Air Ride working since I lost my disc, if I find it I'll try though.

    EDIT : Be sure to set the paths, set the Main Gamecube path to USB1. Also in the Loader Settings, set Nand Saves Emulation and Nand Channel Emulation to full.

    EDIT 2 : Yay, 100th post !
    It is also wise to remember that the emulated nand is as limited in memory as the real nand. It is also more difficult to port saves from emulated nand to real nand if there wasn't already a save from that game present.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You BxLgnd For This Useful Post


  5. #234
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey everybody first post on this forum, I got a question. I followed the softmod any wii guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html) As suggested by the guide, I downgraded to 4.1u which as I understand is running on "version patched cIOS60 aka cios60-v54321. The softmod any wii guide explicitly states not to mess with cios60-v54321.
    I'd like to install Dios Mios and run gamecube backups through USB Loader GX, this guide makes sense and I understand it, the one thing I'm not sure is safe is installing the diosmios.wad. This overwrites my current cmios? In final setup measures it says "4) Navigate to the Dios Mios.wad file and install - note: this will overwrite your current cMios"

    I'm not sure if this is safe to do since the softmod any wii guide said not to mess with
    cios60-v54321. If anyone could shed some light on whether or not this is safe or what cmios the diosmios.wad installs; I'd be forever grateful.

  6. #235
    New Member miihackwii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
    Great Guide mate. Thank you very much

  7. #236
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,818
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg13 View Post
    Hey everybody first post on this forum, I got a question. I followed the softmod any wii guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html) As suggested by the guide, I downgraded to 4.1u which as I understand is running on "version patched cIOS60 aka cios60-v54321. The softmod any wii guide explicitly states not to mess with cios60-v54321.
    I'd like to install Dios Mios and run gamecube backups through USB Loader GX, this guide makes sense and I understand it, the one thing I'm not sure is safe is installing the diosmios.wad. This overwrites my current cmios? In final setup measures it says "4) Navigate to the Dios Mios.wad file and install - note: this will overwrite your current cMios"

    I'm not sure if this is safe to do since the softmod any wii guide said not to mess with
    cios60-v54321. If anyone could shed some light on whether or not this is safe or what cmios the diosmios.wad installs; I'd be forever grateful.
    It is safe to install, it does not alter any ios or cios only Mios

  8. #237
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome guide, got everything running like a charm.

    I do have one question: where can I find links to download the latest usb loader gx revisions?

  9. #238
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by chingpow View Post
    Awesome guide, got everything running like a charm.

    I do have one question: where can I find links to download the latest usb loader gx revisions?
    You can find the latest revision and beta revisions here.

  10. #239
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    U-Draw issue.

    Got this game ont eh Black Friday sale...

    It does Install and Run fine... the issue is Exiting out of the game and USB-GX goes to reload. I get the ReLoad screen and then it Dumps and I get the Restart in 20 seconds. it will just do this over and over.

    The issue is the controller still plugged into the tablet. It's not an issue once you figure it out and just unplug the Wii-mote from the tablet and then USB-GX loads as normal. Just a heads up....

    Thanks for such great info

  11. #240
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I followed the guide (except the nand part) and some instructions here in the thread but I still have one problem.
    Wii games run with no issues, but when I run gamecube games my Wii will randomly turn off, it happened with both Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and F-Zero GX, with AND without a disc. It's kinda weird since sometimes it will turn off in the main menu and other times I could be playing for like 20 minutes and it will turn off.
    I have played these 2 games (same rip) with DML before and I had no issues so I don't understand what's wrong, could anyone help me?

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •