Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 489

Thread: [Guide] Usb loader Gx including Dios Mios and Emulated nand

  1. #201
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 77 Times in 67 Posts
    Thanks, it seems to be running fine now. I figued out how to point it to my emunand and all the saves show up in the browser. I still havent been able to figure out how to copy those saves to my wii though. I figured you select the install option, it seems to work fine but when I load up my zelda game my saves are not there. I do have a blank save on the wii before running the app like you suggested. The other option is to copy the save, but when I do that it asks for the path of where it wants me to copy it and I don't know the path to get it on my actual wii nand.

    Maybe I will try to copy it to my SD card and use the wii system menu to copy it to the nand......

    Edt: nevermind, it is working.

    I had 2 emunands and apparently got them confused. Not only that but I was apparently even more confused thinking all my game saves were on my emunand from my USB loading play....they were apparently on the wii and I over wrote my New SMB Wii save that I just got all the hardest star coins on DOH! Now I got to get the world 7 and 8 coins over again damnit
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 11-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.

  2. #202
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope someone here may be able to assist me. I've followed the USB Loader GX guide and every time I load a game from GX, the game loads perfectly but as soon as it starts to the Wii remote warning screen, it desyncs my Wii remote. I used CFG loader and it doesn't do this. Is there a reason for this?

    Edit: Managed to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by chingpow; 12-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  3. #203
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So here's the deal...
    - I had an old softmod, then I used the Softmod ANY Wii guide to update it.
    - According to this guide, I also install DIOS MIOS on IOS236 and changed the settings in USB Loader GX appropriately.
    - I converted my WBFS drive to fat32 using "wbfs2fat" (checked the cluster size, it's 32kb). Then, I converted certain Gamecube games with DiscEx according to this guide and put their folders in a new "games" subdirectory in my hard drive.

    Now, I can see the Gamecube games in my hard drive, but it only allows me to play them by copying them to the SD card. Any ideas on how to fix that so I'd be able to play them right from the hard drive?
    (Wii games work)

  4. #204
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,214
    Thanks
    989
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 885 Posts
    You need USB Loader GX 3.0 r1200 or higher (the guide you followed has 3.0 but it's not r1200+)

    Here you go, use the one for ios249

    http://www.mediafire.com/?fywqichbzdktn7w

  5. #205
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, worked like a charm, though now I have another problem. I'm trying to play certain games that should work according to the compatibility list (The Official DIOS MIOS (lite) compatibility list), i.e. Sonic Heroes or Pokemon Colosseum.

    I converted all my backups with DiscEx, then loaded it with the USB Loader GX you just posted (on IOS 249), using the version of DIOS MIOS posted in the OP of this thread (on IOS 236).
    Just to let you know, certain games (Pokemon XD, Sonic Adventure DX etc) work perfectly. The problem is, other games either lead me to a black screen without going through the DIOS MIOS logo (Mega man anniversary collection etc), or simply display the DIOS MIOS logo and then go to a black screen (Sonic Heroes).

    I was wondering if there's any solution for that, as these games seem to be compatible according to the list?

    Edit: apparently Sonic Adventure DX also freezes, on the "Now Loading..." screen.
    Last edited by Someguy14; 12-05-2012 at 02:54 AM.

  6. #206
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Someguy14,
    Is it out of region GC games? some Out of region GC games does not work with GX yet. Try wiiflow v4.0.4 or CFG Loader r49. Change your USB Loader GC game settings: video to PAL 480i for out of region games (try all 3 PAL video options) and see if it works. It may not work with GX but it should work with Wiiflow and CFG USB Loader v70 r49.
    Last edited by candylove; 12-05-2012 at 03:46 AM.

  7. #207
    Brawl Master DiscMurderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Adding to what candylove has said, it could also be a bad rip, and if you use DiscEx -c ( which I believe compresses or 'scrubs' the game ), some games aren't compatible with that. Some games may also require a disc inserted to work.

  8. #208
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After an hour or two of aggravation I am here posting...

    I had my wii already softmoded and was using usb loader gx with about 5 games. I was now taking the "next" step to put smash bros melee, metroid prime and wind waker on the same hd. Trying to make this thing work for the last hour at least walking from the tv to the pc with hard drive and sd card in hand...

    I am still able to play the wii games via usb loader but still the usb loader is not "recognizing" or seeing the gc games in the usb1:/games/ folder. Not sure what specifically I am doing wrong because my file structure matches perfectly with the tutorial.

    Should I clear everything and just start over again?

    Also had some other questions.

    1. "3) Nand Channel Emulation and change to full" Couldnt find that in the usb loader settings
    2. is it possible to place gc games at sd:/games/ instead of usb1:/games? I wanted to only plug in the hard drive to play wii games and play everything else off the sd card.

  9. #209
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    You need USB Loader GX 3.0 r1200 or higher (the guide you followed has 3.0 but it's not r1200+)

    Here you go, use the one for ios249

    R1204_IOS222-249-250.7z
    This might be a silly question. The USB Loader GX I installed which came from the "softmod any wii" guide came in GX 3.0 r1180. How do I go about updating it to r1204? I tried doing through the update function in GX loader menu but it didn't find any updates. I downloaded the file from your post for ios249. Do I place the boot.dol and boot.elf file into the folder containing GX 3.0 on my SD Card?

  10. #210
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,831
    Thanks
    902
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,486 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by chingpow View Post
    This might be a silly question. The USB Loader GX I installed which came from the "softmod any wii" guide came in GX 3.0 r1180. How do I go about updating it to r1204? I tried doing through the update function in GX loader menu but it didn't find any updates. I downloaded the file from your post for ios249. Do I place the boot.dol and boot.elf file into the folder containing GX 3.0 on my SD Card?
    Just replace the boot.dol

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottMog View Post
    After an hour or two of aggravation I am here posting...

    I had my wii already softmoded and was using usb loader gx with about 5 games. I was now taking the "next" step to put smash bros melee, metroid prime and wind waker on the same hd. Trying to make this thing work for the last hour at least walking from the tv to the pc with hard drive and sd card in hand...

    I am still able to play the wii games via usb loader but still the usb loader is not "recognizing" or seeing the gc games in the usb1:/games/ folder. Not sure what specifically I am doing wrong because my file structure matches perfectly with the tutorial.

    Should I clear everything and just start over again?

    Also had some other questions.

    1. "3) Nand Channel Emulation and change to full" Couldnt find that in the usb loader settings
    2. is it possible to place gc games at sd:/games/ instead of usb1:/games? I wanted to only plug in the hard drive to play wii games and play everything else off the sd card.
    Did u delete all the usb loader files on your sd card before u started the guide? the config files can mess things up.

    1)The option is there
    2)Yes using dios mios lite instead of dios mios
    Last edited by Pob3008; 12-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •