Page 281 of 298 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2978

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2801
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,719
    Thanks
    1,893
    Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

  2. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  3. #2802
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    I think Im thinking too much into this. My hdd is formatted with wii back up manager, but do I need to partition it?? I can format the whole drive to fat 32 if needed but I will lose all my games unless I back them up on my pc. That sounds like it could take some time
    wbfs2fat.py - WBFS to FAT32 conversion
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs2fat-py.291320/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-co...r-ntfs.292391/
    I use wbfs2fat and did not lose any games and I did not back them up and it is very fast. After you convert it, if it's FAT32 with 64KB cluster size use Acronis Disk Director to change the cluster size from 64KB to 32KB size, I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to change the cluster size from 64KB to 32KB and I did not back them up and it is very fast also and I did not lose any data or games and all my games works prefect after.
    I also recommend reading the Fat32 Guide Chapter 2 after you convert it.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  5. #2803
    New Member mathesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Your sysCheck is a little outdated and I didn't see DIOS MIOS installed. How many partition does your USB HDD have? DIOS MIOS only works on the first primary partition USB1 in GX and Wiiflow and FAT1 in CFG Loader, will not work on 2nd (USB2) or 3rd partitons (USB3). Did you check your cluster size with the method at the bottom of the guide? DIOS MIOS will not work with FAT32 HDD with 64KB cluster size. What version of USB Loader are you using? I'm using GX r1217, CFG v70r65 and WiiFlow 4.2.1 and always try from HBC 1st.
    I cant seem to find a newer syscheck, when I Google syscheck it comes up with a v1.6.2 on wiibrew.org?

    I only have a single fat32 partition and I confirmed It's 32KB by doing the text file save test, I just tried your version of GX r1217 with same results, soon as I load a GC game the Wii still shuts off, I'm using a 120GB IDE drive in an external usb enclosure, but I also tried an 8GB Patriot Xporter USB drive with the same results.

    Just to confirm I'm doing this right ..when I load Wad installer 1.7 from homebrew channel It first asks which IOS to use, I'm choosing IOS236, then selecting DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad and installing it, Also I'm not 100% clear which IOS version of USB GX I should be using. The rar file has 3 different files, one for ios222, 249 or 250, I've only tried r1217_IOS249 (Wii games still work fine from disc channel & usb gx r1217), I'm copying the boot.dol over to the SD cards \apps\usbloader_gx folder.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: I ran syscheck again after reinstalling dios mios wad and It shows up now, Wii still shutting off when loading GC games:

    Spoiler

    Last edited by mathesar; 02-06-2014 at 07:55 PM.

  6. #2804
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,719
    Thanks
    1,893
    Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Both the program we prefer (SysCheck) and instructions on how to generate a report can be found here.

  7. #2805
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,603
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 953 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mathesar View Post
    I cant seem to find a newer syscheck, when I Google syscheck it comes up with a v1.6.2 on wiibrew.org?

    I only have a single fat32 partition and I confirmed It's 32KB by doing the text file save test, I just tried your version of GX r1217 with same results, soon as I load a GC game the Wii still shuts off, I'm using a 120GB IDE drive in an external usb enclosure, but I also tried an 8GB Patriot Xporter USB drive with the same results.

    Just to confirm I'm doing this right ..when I load Wad installer 1.7 from homebrew channel It first asks which IOS to use, I'm choosing IOS236, then selecting DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad and installing it, Also I'm not 100% clear which IOS version of USB GX I should be using. The rar file has 3 different files, one for ios222, 249 or 250, I've only tried r1217_IOS249 (Wii games still work fine from disc channel & usb gx r1217), I'm copying the boot.dol over to the SD cards \apps\usbloader_gx folder.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: I ran syscheck again after reinstalling dios mios wad and It shows up now, Wii still shutting off when loading GC games:

    Spoiler

    Your mod is old. You have v7final d2x's were we suggest people use v8finals, unless they continue to have problems then go up to v10 betas.

    So your first step is to get it current by following Softmod Any Wii guide, which is linked in my signature.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  8. #2806
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mathesar View Post
    I cant seem to find a newer syscheck, when I Google syscheck it comes up with a v1.6.2 on wiibrew.org?

    I only have a single fat32 partition and I confirmed It's 32KB by doing the text file save test, I just tried your version of GX r1217 with same results, soon as I load a GC game the Wii still shuts off, I'm using a 120GB IDE drive in an external usb enclosure, but I also tried an 8GB Patriot Xporter USB drive with the same results.

    Just to confirm I'm doing this right ..when I load Wad installer 1.7 from homebrew channel It first asks which IOS to use, I'm choosing IOS236, then selecting DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad and installing it, Also I'm not 100% clear which IOS version of USB GX I should be using. The rar file has 3 different files, one for ios222, 249 or 250, I've only tried r1217_IOS249 (Wii games still work fine from disc channel & usb gx r1217), I'm copying the boot.dol over to the SD cards \apps\usbloader_gx folder.

    Thanks.

    EDIT: I ran syscheck again after reinstalling dios mios wad and It shows up now, Wii still shutting off when loading GC games:

    Spoiler

    I meant to say your mod is a little outdated, v8finals are recommended for all the latest USB Loaders. Try DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack.7z ,CFG v70r65 and WiiFlow 4.2.1 also.
    The full GX channel has issues with DIOS MIOS try the forwarder channel USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad or from HBC.
    For USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path from SD to USB1:/games/;
    Yes you are installing DIOS MIOS and GX right.

  9. #2807
    New Member mathesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    I meant to say your mod is a little outdated, v8finals are recommended for all the latest USB Loaders. Try DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack.7z ,CFG v70r65 and WiiFlow 4.2.1 also.
    The full GX channel has issues with DIOS MIOS try the forwarder channel USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad or from HBC.
    For USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path from SD to USB1:/games/;
    Yes you are installing DIOS MIOS and GX right.
    Thanks, well I redid softmod using the latest guide, I didnt skip any steps and didn't get any errors, this brought my system menu to 4.1U (from 3.2) and now instead of my wii shutting off it just goes to a black screen when loading GC games (have to hold power to shutoff wii) I see the usb hdd light flicker every few seconds while its on black screen but never loads anything (tried 4 different GC games). I checked my custom path settings and the "Main Gamecube path" is set on USB1:/Games/ by default in GX.

    But... how bad is it if I accidentally installed DIOS MIOS on ios249 instead of ios236? I'm not sure how to fix that if it's an issue, can I just reinstall it on ios236? (I promise this is the only error I made during re-mod / reinstall process lol).

    I've only tried usb loader gx r1217 since re modding wii today.

    Here's my latest syscheck after redoing mod:

    Spoiler


  10. #2808
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mathesar View Post
    Thanks, well I redid softmod using the latest guide, I didnt skip any steps and didn't get any errors, this brought my system menu to 4.1U (from 3.2) and now instead of my wii shutting off it just goes to a black screen when loading GC games (have to hold power to shutoff wii) I see the usb hdd light flicker every few seconds while its on black screen but never loads anything (tried 4 different GC games). I checked my custom path settings and the "Main Gamecube path" is set on USB1:/Games/ by default in GX.

    But... how bad is it if I accidentally installed DIOS MIOS on ios249 instead of ios236? I'm not sure how to fix that if it's an issue, can I just reinstall it on ios236? (I promise this is the only error I made during re-mod / reinstall process lol).

    I've only tried usb loader gx r1217 since re modding wii today.

    Here's my latest syscheck after redoing mod:

    Spoiler

    Black screen (no DIOS MIOS splash screen) chances are high that your USB2IDE device (external usb enclosure) or USB HDD isn't supported try another external usb enclosure or USB HDD. DIOS MIOS only works with MBR USB HDD, it does not work with GPT USB HDD.
    It's not bad some install it on IOS249 but IOS236 is recommended, you could re-install it on IOS236. Also try DML Booter SVN r30.

  11. #2809
    New Member mathesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Black screen (no DIOS MIOS splash screen) chances are high that your USB2IDE device (external usb enclosure) or USB HDD isn't supported try another external usb enclosure or USB HDD. DIOS MIOS only works with MBR USB HDD, it does not work with GPT USB HDD.
    It's not bad some install it on IOS249 but IOS236 is recommended, you could re-install it on IOS236. Also try DML Booter SVN r30.
    I dont have any other usb enclosures but after reading your post I tried the 8GB Xporter USB stick I have and Mario Sunshine fired right up, Progress! So there's no way to convert a GPT drive to MBR? I'll have to hook up the ide usb to my PC and see what type it shows, Thanks again finally getting somewhere.

    EDIT: I checked the USB HD in Disk Management and it shows up as MBR so I guess the issue is with the usb enclosure itself, Bummer. I'll have take a look at the known supported drives list and go from there. I need a newer one anyhow, one that doesnt require its own AC adapter like my current enclosure does.
    Last edited by mathesar; 02-07-2014 at 06:13 PM.

  12. #2810
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by mathesar View Post
    I dont have any other usb enclosures but after reading your post I tried the 8GB Xporter USB stick I have and Mario Sunshine fired right up, Progress! So there's no way to convert a GPT drive to MBR? I'll have to hook up the ide usb to my PC and see what type it shows, Thanks again finally getting somewhere.

    EDIT: I checked the USB HD in Disk Management and it shows up as MBR so I guess the issue is with the usb enclosure itself, Bummer. I'll have take a look at the known supported drives list and go from there. I need a newer one anyhow, one that doesnt require its own AC adapter like my current enclosure does.
    Your new sysCheck looks perfect and that's great the 8GB Xporter USB stick works. If you plan on using the new USB HDD with the Wii U in the future you will need one with a ac adapter (external USB storage device with a dedicated power source). Maybe the one you have now will work with the Wii U. DIOS MIOS will not work on the Wii U but Devolution will .
    [Guide] Devolution - USB Loading GameCube Games on Wii & Wii U
    Usb HDD Compatibility List For DIOS MIOS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •