Page 273 of 298 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2978

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2721
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My games go right to an infite black screen as soon as I start them.

    I have my NGC games on a Fat32 partition and my Wii games on a WBFS partition. The Fat32 partition is the first partition on the drive.

    These are the only settings I changed from default.

    Hard Drive Settings:
    -Game/Install Partition - WBFS (also tried with this on the Fat32 drive)
    -Multiple Partitions - ON (also tried with this off)
    -GC Install Compressed - ON (also tried with this off)
    -GC Install 32K Aligned - ON (also tried with this off)

    Custom Paths:
    -Main Gamecube Path - usb1 :/Gamecube (correct path for me)

    Credits of USBLoaderGX show DIOS.MIOS v2.10+ , Rev 1218 IOS 249, d2x v8final base 56.

    I used DMToolBox to put them on partion 1 of my usb drive, they show up in the loader, they just don't load. Everything with 32k is correct. I also tried R1213 of USB Loader (before upgrading to this one to try to fix the problem) and was having the save issue.

    Not sure where I went wrong.
    Last edited by Helltech; 12-15-2013 at 09:07 PM.

  2. #2722
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,522
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 937 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltech
    My games go right to an infite black screen as soon as I start them. I have my NGC games on a Fat32 partition and my Wii games on a WBFS partition. The Fat32 partition is the first partition on the drive. These are the only settings I changed from default. Hard Drive Settings: -Game/Install Partition - WBFS (also tried with this on the Fat32 drive) -Multiple Partitions - ON (also tried with this off) -GC Install Compressed - ON (also tried with this off) -GC Install 32K Aligned - ON (also tried with this off) Custom Paths: -Main Gamecube Path - usb1 :/Gamecube (correct path for me) Credits of USBLoaderGX show DIOS.MIOS v2.10+ , Rev 1218 IOS 249, d2x v8final base 56. I used DMToolBox to put them on partion 1 of my usb drive, they show up in the loader, they just don't load. Everything with 32k is correct. I also tried R1213 of USB Loader (before upgrading to this one to try to fix the problem) and was having the save issue. Not sure where I went wrong.
    were you went wrong was when you thought you would be cute and go off default

    You may be able to tell GX to look somewhere else for the GC game.iso files (USB://GameCube instead of USB://games) but DM doesn't know this

    You have to use /games

    Click Below for recommended Links


  3. #2723
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    were you went wrong was when you thought you would be cute and go off default

    You may be able to tell GX to look somewhere else for the GC game.iso files (USB://GameCube instead of USB://games) but DM doesn't know this

    You have to use /games
    I wasn't trying to be "cute" I was trying to be organized. Also that didn't help. It is still hanging.

    Ehh figured it out, my two patriot flashdrives work, but the hdd does not. Guess its just the harddrive, thanks anyway.

    Also it totally works with the folder name NOT "games", work just fine with my flash drive as "Gamecube ISOs".
    Last edited by Helltech; 12-16-2013 at 10:03 AM.

  4. #2724
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltech View Post
    I wasn't trying to be "cute" I was trying to be organized. Also that didn't help. It is still hanging.

    Ehh figured it out, my two patriot flashdrives work, but the hdd does not. Guess its just the harddrive, thanks anyway.

    Also it totally works with the folder name NOT "games", work just fine with my flash drive as "Gamecube ISOs".
    Nice try BUT THAT ONLY WORKS FOR GX AND WILL NOT WORK FOR ANY OTHER USB LOADERS. It works for GX cuz you change the path.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    @jebug:

    Please don't encourage deviations from the guide. While it may seemingly have worked for you, this is not what the guide says. The guides are written with specific instructions for a reason; your experience with it may be interpreted as a go-ahead by someone to do so --- not recommended. Regardless, thanks for the feedback.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  6. #2725
    New Member RajamBop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Not a problem from the OP, but when I click and go to the diosmios site, the download part is... blank. Where can I get diosmios 2.10?

  7. #2726
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Not sure if this is why but crediar has announced he's done with Wii and Wii U things. So Dios Mios is no longer being developed. That could explain the link not working but I can't say that's definitely why.

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  8. #2727
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,522
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 937 Posts
    It worked for me. Try it in a different browser.

    Or, see if the copy/paste below helps ...
    Download DIOS MIOS 2.10 real NAND with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from USB May 24
    Download DIOS MIOS Lite 2.10 real NAND with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from SD May 25
    Download DIOS MIOS 2.10 *NEEK DI with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from USB May 25
    Download DIOS MIOS Lite 2.10 *NEEK DI with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from SD May 25

    Click Below for recommended Links


  9. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  10. #2728
    New Member Y314K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    It worked for me. Try it in a different browser.

    Or, see if the copy/paste below helps ...
    Download DIOS MIOS 2.10 real NAND with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from USB May 24
    Download DIOS MIOS Lite 2.10 real NAND with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from SD May 25
    Download DIOS MIOS 2.10 *NEEK DI with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from USB May 25
    Download DIOS MIOS Lite 2.10 *NEEK DI with DMToolbox (+source) Load games from SD May 25
    Seems the Emu Nand links in the source are inverted... If u click thru... The SD DIOS MIOS Lite 2.10 *NEEK gives u the "DIOS MIOS-xNEEK-DI_2.10" & the USB DIOS MIOS 2.10 *NEEK gives u the "DIOS MIOS Lite-SNEEK-DI_2.10"... And if u look inside u'll see it's not just a renaming of .zip prob... I think it's just the .zip links are inverted from the source...

  11. #2729
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,522
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 937 Posts
    That's what it looks like on the download page, and has looked like that since May. I've always just used the top download link on my system without NEEK and it has worked fine.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  12. #2730
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm trying to play gamecube games on my wii. I have the Wii ISOs working perfectly on my wii. If I install DIOS MIOS onto the wii, will my wii cIOSs stop working? I installed the cIOS with "IOS236 Installer/ Uninstaller" which installed IOS236. Also, I used "cIOS rev20b Installer" to install on IOS236 base 56 and IOS250 base 38. Then I installed "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" on IOS249. Can DIOS MIOS only be installed on IOS236 and IOS249? If so, will it delete or overwrite my wad files? I want to keep my wii games and play sonic adventure 2 battle as well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •