Page 26 of 297 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 2968

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #251
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,225
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    I see on the USB Loader GX site that if you use d2x v9+ (ie d2x v9 beta r49, the latest so far) you can read from both USB ports. I'm not much for beta testing things like cIOSs lol. Can anyone confirm wether that works or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Life
    Edit 2: Can I have a FAT32 partition and have the folder for wii and gamecube games and then have a folder for Wii64? Would that mess up the gamecube and Wii games?
    Let your Wii games be in the folder "WBFS" where the Wii Backup Manager puts them, then create a GameCube folder for GC games and a Nintendo 64 folder for N64 games. That's how I do it and it works...naturally you can name the GC and N64 folders whatever you like so long as you make sure to tell the respective loaders where to find the games.

  2. #252
    New Member Half-Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    I see on the USB Loader GX site that if you use d2x v9+ (ie d2x v9 beta r49, the latest so far) you can read from both USB ports. I'm not much for beta testing things like cIOSs lol. Can anyone confirm wether that works or not?



    Let your Wii games be in the folder "WBFS" where the Wii Backup Manager puts them, then create a GameCube folder for GC games and a Nintendo 64 folder for N64 games. That's how I do it and it works...naturally you can name the GC and N64 folders whatever you like so long as you make sure to tell the respective loaders where to find the games.
    Cool. I thought it would work, but just wanted to make sure.
    Softmod 4.2 US
    Games Played From a HDD

  3. #253
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,225
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    I might know why my Wii isn't reading GC discs. I think it has something to do with my BC file. According to what I've read that is needed for GC discs to work. Anyone know how to fix it? I used ModMii to DL the latest BC (which I'm sure I had) but it still doesn't want to work properly. Gets to 5% when installing a game then fails.

  4. #254
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hopefully someone can help me with this because i am starting to get frustrated. I followed the guide and the tips from ltrain23, i have

    -installed all the d2x v8 wads
    -the newest dios mios (v2 or whatever)
    -the modded version of usb loader gx (found earlier in this thread page 8 i think, so i can run from usb (however that doesn't work either it still asks to install to SD card)
    -NMM is disabled
    -i just did a full wad upgrade today as well (i reinstalled all the d2x and dios mios wads afterwards)

    and usb loader gx will see the gamecube game and i can click to start it etc, but it still asks to install to sd card and wont run the game from my USB hd. ALso when i try to run it in the DIOS_MIOS loader a screen pops up with the gamecube logo and a huge DIOS MIOS under it and just sits there and does nothing else. I think i notice it budge like an inch to the right after a second or so but that is it. I need some help on this one! Thanks

    also i do have a gc disc in the drive (just bought one today to get this working...)

    if you need anymore info just let me know and i will be happy to get what anyone needs to get this working for me!

  5. #255
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,225
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duff0712
    hopefully someone can help me with this because i am starting to get frustrated. I followed the guide and the tips from ltrain23, i have

    -installed all the d2x v8 wads
    -the newest dios mios (v2 or whatever)
    -the modded version of usb loader gx (found earlier in this thread page 8 i think, so i can run from usb (however that doesn't work either it still asks to install to SD card)
    -NMM is disabled
    -i just did a full wad upgrade today as well (i reinstalled all the d2x and dios mios wads afterwards)

    and usb loader gx will see the gamecube game and i can click to start it etc, but it still asks to install to sd card and wont run the game from my USB hd. ALso when i try to run it in the DIOS_MIOS loader a screen pops up with the gamecube logo and a huge DIOS MIOS under it and just sits there and does nothing else. I think i notice it budge like an inch to the right after a second or so but that is it. I need some help on this one! Thanks

    also i do have a gc disc in the drive (just bought one today to get this working...)

    if you need anymore info just let me know and i will be happy to get what anyone needs to get this working for me!
    Try the one linked by cwjakesteel on his quick guide. Look at page 1 to find it.

  6. #256
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    I might know why my Wii isn't reading GC discs. I think it has something to do with my BC file. According to what I've read that is needed for GC discs to work. Anyone know how to fix it? I used ModMii to DL the latest BC (which I'm sure I had) but it still doesn't want to work properly. Gets to 5% when installing a game then fails.
    You might be onto something. The FAQ page (just recently added it to my guide) for DIOS MIOS talks about the BC which is believed to stand for Backwards compatibily. There's a site that lets you download the BC, I'll find the link then edit this for you.

    We Hack Wii RLV Downloads There's the link for you. The BC download is at the bottom. Careful though, some versions of rlv and IOS will brick your wii depending on your System Menu version. However, We Hack Wii usually tells you which version to avoid, and I don't see any warnings here so I assume it's okay.
    Last edited by cwjakesteel; 07-13-2012 at 02:09 PM.

  7. #257
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Try the one linked by cwjakesteel on his quick guide. Look at page 1 to find it.
    The DIOS MIOS? or usb loader gx?

  8. #258
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    USB Loader GX

  9. #259
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,225
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjakesteel

    You might be onto something. The FAQ page (just recently added it to my guide) for DIOS MIOS talks about the BC which is believed to stand for Backwards compatibily. There's a site that lets you download the BC, I'll find the link then edit this for you.

    We Hack Wii RLV Downloads There's the link for you. The BC download is at the bottom. Careful though, some versions of rlv and IOS will brick your wii depending on your System Menu version. However, We Hack Wii usually tells you which version to avoid, and I don't see any warnings here so I assume it's okay.
    Thanks, I'll have to try that when I get home. The way I see it from the research I've been doing is it's either
    A) The BC file
    B) The MIOS (which isn't seeming likely)
    Or
    C) possibly the System Menu version I'm using/the IOS used for that menu. It's really annoying since my Wii is my only means for backing up my GC game collection.

    Edit: It's the laser
    How can I tell? I can't for sure but after try 7 times to get Megaman Anniversary Collection to install and each of the 1st 6 times having it fail at a different % I am pretty sure that's it. 7th time it finally got to 100% so it it were the MIOS, BC, System Menu etc etc, it would not have made it to 100% no matter how many tries I did.

  10. #260
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjakesteel View Post
    USB Loader GX
    I downloaded and replaced the boot.dol and it still just asks whether i want see the sd card/copy/or cancel.

    anything else i should try out? thanks for you help

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •