Page 254 of 297 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2968

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2531
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    How did you prepare your disk images before putting them on the hard drive? or what program did you use to install the gamecube disk to hard drive?

    If you manually placed the files on the hard drive, can you give me the full path and filename to one of your game.iso files so I can see if you put it in the properly place?

    EDIT -- but unrelated, I just can't make a new reply to this thread yet --

    The latest version of CFG (v70r65) is able to rip gamecube disks and install to hard drive (or SD card, if you choose for DML) similar to how GX could with one of its update earlier this year.

    Sounds like if you rip disk 2 of a game, it is supposed to be smart enough to put it in the right place with a file named disk2.iso, but I have no 2-disk games to test this out on.

    So this is another alternative to using DMToolbox.
    I just used DMToolbox to transfer to my USB HDD.

    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    How many partitions on your USB HDD? Dios Mios will only work if the games folder is on your 1st partition of your USB HDD (FAT1). Check go CFG/ Settings/ System/ Partiton / FAT1 you should see the GC games. If you do not see the GC games it may not be on the 1st partition (FAT1). You could also move your usb-loader folder from your SD-card and keep it on your USB HDD only, you could leave the USBLoader app folder on the SD-card.
    If the FAT32 partition is not FAT1 in CFG Loader, use a HDD program to change it to partition 1 (FAT1) change all partitions to logical and then change the FAT32 partition to primary 1st plus active and then the other partition to primary so the FAT32 with 32KB cluster size is 1st partition (FAT1). The main GameCube path have to be USB1 (FAT1) in all the USB Loaders for DIOS MIOS to work it will not work if it's USB2 (FAT2) or 3 or logical. This will work if the other partitions is NTFS or FAT, will not work if the other partition is WBFS, cuz I do not think you could change a WBFS partition to logical. I did this and I did not lose any data.
    I also recommend having one partition FAT32 HDD for the Wii but if that is not possible just make sure the FAT32 partition is the 1st partition USB1 (FAT1) of the USB HDD.

    Wii games works from any partition of the HDD so this will not effect your wii games my wii games are on my NTFS partition the 2nd partition of the USB HDD.
    You could also try the other USB loaders if you are still having issues with CFG Loader. Try from HBC 1st because some full channels does not work with DIOS MIOS only forwarder channels.
    Install DIOS MIOS for USB not DIOS MIOS Lite for SD. I also recommend installing DIOS MIOS with Wad Manager 1.7 use IOS236.
    My HDD is only 1 partition, which I used for both my Wii games and Gamecube games. Is that okay to do?
    Oops! I only installed DIOS MIOS onto my SD card. I didn't install it onto my USB HDD because I didn't know how to work Wad Manager or add Wads onto there. OTL

  2. #2532
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 921 Posts
    You seem confused.

    DMToolbox doesn't transfer any files anywhere, it "massages" an .iso image into a format usable by DM, you copy the results to the hard drive when done.

    Dios Mios isn't installed onto SD or USB. You copy the .wad file to SD and install it to system memory using a WAD manager, but after that, the .wad file is no longer needed.

    So I have no idea what you've done or not done since what you're saying makes no sense.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  3. #2533
    New Member Mojo514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    after i installed the DIOS MIOS v2.10 wad file my Wii wont play burnt games n my regular games say 'Could not read Game Disc, Please see the Instruction Booklet for details.' i used WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher for backup games n they worked perfect n whenever i played regular GC discs the backup launcher came up anyway but it booted up n played fine. Do u kno how i can get this working back to normal? mayb reinstall the GC Backup Launcher?

    and yes i installed v10 dios mios to get the regular discs working again, except their not working
    Last edited by nightstah; 08-27-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Use the EDIT button

  4. #2534
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 77 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo514 View Post
    and yes i installed v10 dios mios to get the regular discs working again, except their not working
    It should still play retail discs but Dios Mios will break the ability to play backup gamecube discs.

    You can install the Mios v10 (in the guide near the bottom of first post) to get rid of Dios Mios and return Gamecube support to normal. If retail games still do not work than you probably have a hardware problem.

    This makes me wonder though, is the Mios v10 in this guide the official nintendo one? I know the softmod guide intalls a custom mios that lets you launch backups from disc.

    A system check should show you what Mios is installed. Reinstalling may fix some issues.....

  5. #2535
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
    I just used DMToolbox to transfer to my USB HDD.



    My HDD is only 1 partition, which I used for both my Wii games and Gamecube games. Is that okay to do?
    Oops! I only installed DIOS MIOS onto my SD card. I didn't install it onto my USB HDD because I didn't know how to work Wad Manager or add Wads onto there. OTL
    One FAT32 partition HDD is recommended for the Wii . The same way you install DIOS MIOS Lite for SD, you should install DIOS MIOS for USB just put the DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad on your SD card and install DIOS MIOS for USB. DIOS MIOS Lite looks for the games folder on your SD card and DIOS MIOS for USB looks for the games folder on your USB HDD.
    If you install Lite it will ask you to copy to SD card because the games folder have to be on the SD card for Lite to work.

  6. #2536
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,583
    Thanks
    1,872
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    @mojo:

    The edit butoon below your post(s)? Not just a decorative thing. Old as dirt or non-wwihacks softmod.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  8. #2537
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all, I've been working on getting this mod to work for two days straight now and I'm at somewhat of a loss, so hopefully someone here can tell me what I've done wrong. I followed this guide to the T, and for whatever reason whenever I attempt to start a GameCube game in USB Loader GX, I get a black screen and the system freezes. I made sure my USB is 32KB Aligned, my FAT32 partition is the first of 3 partitions on the Drive, I tried to see if my HDD might not be supported, but I'm not sure, I just got it, and I'm not sure how frequently that list is updated. However, it does work when loading Wii games, and it does recognize the GameCube games, it just won't load them. I'm using the most recent version of USB Loader GX and Dios Mios 2.10, I just can't figure out what I'm missing. Does anyone have any ideas where I might look? Or should I just assume that my USB drive isn't compatible?

  9. #2538
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    When you say "most recent version of USB Loader GX" which revision is the loader? It's possible you may think it's the most up to date version but you could be wrong, you wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.

  10. #2539
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    When you say "most recent version of USB Loader GX" which revision is the loader? It's possible you may think it's the most up to date version but you could be wrong, you wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.
    I'm using USB Loader 1213, one of the compatible versions cwjakesteel supplied in the guide. I figured, based on the number it would be the most recent version, but I could be wrong. However, it should still be compatible if the guide is accurate.

  11. #2540
    New Member Half-Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Softmod 4.2 US
    Games Played From a HDD

  12. 1 User Says Thank You Half-Life For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •