Page 200 of 297 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2968

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1991
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,451
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 922 Posts
    That is a known side effect for some people. I'm not sure why some people seem to be able to and others cannot.

    If you want to play retail game disks, you'll have to restore MIOS v10 (link to it is on page 1).

    Click Below for recommended Links


  2. #1992
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Hello, I cannot get it to stop tellling me to copy the game to the sd card.

    I have two questions that if answered will help me out or at least give me peace of mind.

    1. If I installed DIOS MIOS 2.8 with WAD Manager 1.7 and it was successfully completed, does that mean it was installed correctly? I used IOS236 to install but not sure of the base number. Do I have to worry about this if it was successful installing the wad, as it pertains to my problem here?

    2. I used the MultiGame ISO Creator to extract games that I had made a multi-game ISO (back when my Wii laser still worked) out of years ago, then proceeded to use the DMToolBox to install them to my HDD. I didn't see anything about it in the first post. So I'm wondering if I should be good here.

  3. #1993
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer89420 View Post
    Hello, I cannot get it to stop tellling me to copy the game to the sd card.

    I have two questions that if answered will help me out or at least give me peace of mind.

    1. If I installed DIOS MIOS 2.8 with WAD Manager 1.7 and it was successfully completed, does that mean it was installed correctly? I used IOS236 to install but not sure of the base number. Do I have to worry about this if it was successful installing the wad, as it pertains to my problem here?

    2. I used the MultiGame ISO Creator to extract games that I had made a multi-game ISO (back when my Wii laser still worked) out of years ago, then proceeded to use the DMToolBox to install them to my HDD. I didn't see anything about it in the first post. So I'm wondering if I should be good here.
    You install the DM wad correct but it does not mean it will work and you install the games correct also.
    This is in the guide:
    List of Loaders that work with DM 2.8:
    USB Loader GX: r1209
    WiiFlow: v4.1
    CFGLoader: cfg70MODr51
    If DM 2.8 does not work with the latest usb loaders cause you have disc drive issues try DM 2.2 and put NODISC to on in the usb loader settings
    Also try GX r1198, Added DML 2.2+ new NoDisc support. r1198:R1198_IOS222-249-250.7z if the latest usb loaders does not work with DM 2.2
    update GX channel with USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad and when you update GX app remove the CFG file in the GX app also.
    For USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path to USB1:/games
    GC games only works if it's in (USB1) 1st partition of the HDD it will not work if it's in (USB2)
    Verify your cluster size with the method in the guide also.
    Last edited by candylove; 03-25-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: remove attached files

  4. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  5. #1994
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    You install the DM wad correct but it does not mean it will work and you install the games correct also.
    This is in the guide:
    List of Loaders that work with DM 2.8:
    USB Loader GX: r1209
    WiiFlow: v4.1
    CFGLoader: cfg70MODr51
    If DM 2.8 does not work with the latest usb loaders cause you have disc drive issues try DM 2.2 and put NODISC to on in the usb loader settings
    Also try GX r1198, Added DML 2.2+ new NoDisc support. r1198:R1198_IOS222-249-250.7z if the latest usb loaders does not work with DM 2.2
    update GX channel with USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad and when you update GX app remove the CFG file in the GX app also.
    For USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path to USB1:/games
    GC games only works if it's in (USB1) 1st partition of the HDD it will not work if it's in (USB2)
    Verify your cluster size with the method in the guide also.
    Thanks. The older revision of GX seemed to do the trick. I have a not so good habit of not reading every word to detail because I sometimes tend to assume things and that's exactly what I did here.

    Anyhow, I can at least start the game Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. However it is slow loading. For this I might as well just use my disc instead of USB. . And, either it froze or I just lost patience but it may have froze after playing the 2nd hole of stroke play because my TV said No Signal.

    Either way, I mostly came back to give thanks and i'll have another read or two and try a couple of things before I perhaps ask another easily answered question.

  6. #1995
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Having trouwbles downloading the DM Tool Box. Is there another location to download it?

  7. #1996
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,451
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,080 Times in 922 Posts
    DMToolBox is included in the same .zip file that DM/DML 2.8 came in.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  8. #1997
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I just softmodded my wii and it runs perfectly for all the wii games I've installed, but not for any gamecube game that I've tried. I have dios mios 2.8 installed and I can get all of the games I;ve tried to run, but eventually my wii will just shut down, the timing for this ranges from almost immediately after starting to about 30 minutes in and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've been running games from the dios mios booter in hbc. Here is my syscheck any help would be greatly appreciated

    Spoiler


  9. #1998
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darargon View Post
    So I just softmodded my wii and it runs perfectly for all the wii games I've installed, but not for any gamecube game that I've tried. I have dios mios 2.8 installed and I can get all of the games I;ve tried to run, but eventually my wii will just shut down, the timing for this ranges from almost immediately after starting to about 30 minutes in and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've been running games from the dios mios booter in hbc. Here is my syscheck any help would be greatly appreciated

    Spoiler

    Did you read the part in the guide about hard drives going into sleep mode? It sounds like that's the issue if it's the same time amount every try.

  10. #1999
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer89420

    Did you read the part in the guide about hard drives going into sleep mode? It sounds like that's the issue if it's the same time amount every try.
    Or it could be that is cIOS 222 & 223 are stubbed...

  11. #2000
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not the same amount of time every try, but what can I do about cIOS 222 &223?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •