Page 189 of 298 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2978

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1881
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,609
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 959 Posts
    In case it wasn't noticed by others, the latest version is now 2.8.

    here's the changelog since 2.6:

    -updated to version 2.8-

    *Fixed a bug in GCLoader that broke the progressive patch
    *Moved progressive patch back 16 bytes, this fixes PADHOOK and progressive
    patching not working at the same time

    Thanks to FIX94 who sacrificed his school carer for testing this release!

    -updated to version 2.7-

    *Fixed a bug that caused a black screen when using PADHook and Progressive mode
    patching at the same time

    Click Below for recommended Links


  2. #1882
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    Interesting. Better update the title of the guide!

    Actually, I can't edit the title. Only the big bold heading of the first post. It's probably because I didn't start this thread. I PTO'd it.
    Last edited by cwjakesteel; 03-01-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: as to not double posteth

  3. #1883
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjakesteel View Post
    Interesting. Better update the title of the guide!

    Actually, I can't edit the title. Only the big bold heading of the first post. It's probably because I didn't start this thread. I PTO'd it.
    I went ahead and updated it for you. It could probably just be changed to DIOS MIOS without the version number.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  4. #1884
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    I went ahead and updated it for you. It could probably just be changed to DIOS MIOS without the version number.

    Lol yea that would solve the problem. Thanks for using your moderatvie authority powers to change it for me.

  5. #1885
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,609
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 959 Posts
    I also went in and changed a few other version numbers that was missed.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  6. #1886
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    ...I left those intentionally though... Since I actually haven't tested it or have gotten reports of them working.

  7. #1887
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After a bit of confusion and not being able to get things to work, I can now use Dios Mios 2.8 to load my retail disks via the regular Wii menu and backups via WiiFlow. I am very excited about this and could not have done it without this thread! It was an enormous help.

    However, I would really like to use USB Loader GX (rev1209 currently installed). I can use it now to play my backed up Wii games, but when I attempt to play gamecube games, it just goes to a black screen, the activity light on my hard drive starts flashing quickly, and I am forced to hold the power button until the Wii turns off so I can reset it. The original post of this thread says that no configuration should really be required. I thought maybe Loader Settings->Boot/Standard should be changed to IOS 236 since that is what it said to install Dios Mios with, but that did not seem to help so I restored the default settings. I tried updating WiiTDB.xml (I don't know what this is, but updating seems good) but that did not help either.

    I don't know if this is relevant, but originally I had an older version of USB Loader GX installed, and I updated it by deleting the configuration files and copying over boot.dol and boot.elf. Also I initially installed Dios Mios incorrectly (with IOS 249 rather than IOS 236) and had to uninstall it and re-install it (I'm not actually 100% sure this was causing my problem at the time because I was testing it with USB Loader GX which still doesn't work).

    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

    Update: It seems that once I get to the Dios Mios splash screen, if I have the mic plugged into the memory card slot, it freezes until the mic is removed. This seems a bit weird, but I guess I can just leave it unplugged. The microphone's removal does not affect USB Loader GX.

    Update: Also, is it normal for the disc drive to flash frantically while the game is playing even though there is nothing in it?
    Last edited by ksteuber; 03-03-2013 at 03:07 AM.

  8. #1888
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok I am finally frustrated. I followed this guide to a t first and kept getting the error when loading a GC game it wanted to save it to sd card. So I overwrote my softmod using mauifrogs guide installed dios mios v 2.8 using this guide now when I try and load games it gives me a black screen. I have a seagate back up plus 1tb hard drive I can play wii games just fine wiiflow even sees my GC games but when I try and load them the screen goes black. I did what you said at the bottom of your tut to check if my drive is formatted fat 32 with 32kb clusters and keep getting the black screen. As a side note I reformatted my hd again and just loaded one GC game game on it and then loaded wiiflow and wiiflow is showing that I have 16 games installed when I only have the one and when I try to play the game that I loaded it still goes to a black screen. Thanks in advance for some help.

  9. #1889
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,609
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 959 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ksteuber View Post
    After a bit of confusion and not being able to get things to work, I can now use Dios Mios 2.8 to load my retail disks via the regular Wii menu and backups via WiiFlow. I am very excited about this and could not have done it without this thread! It was an enormous help.

    However, I would really like to use USB Loader GX (rev1209 currently installed). I can use it now to play my backed up Wii games, but when I attempt to play gamecube games, it just goes to a black screen, the activity light on my hard drive starts flashing quickly, and I am forced to hold the power button until the Wii turns off so I can reset it. The original post of this thread says that no configuration should really be required. I thought maybe Loader Settings->Boot/Standard should be changed to IOS 236 since that is what it said to install Dios Mios with, but that did not seem to help so I restored the default settings. I tried updating WiiTDB.xml (I don't know what this is, but updating seems good) but that did not help either.

    I don't know if this is relevant, but originally I had an older version of USB Loader GX installed, and I updated it by deleting the configuration files and copying over boot.dol and boot.elf. Also I initially installed Dios Mios incorrectly (with IOS 249 rather than IOS 236) and had to uninstall it and re-install it (I'm not actually 100% sure this was causing my problem at the time because I was testing it with USB Loader GX which still doesn't work).

    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

    Update: It seems that once I get to the Dios Mios splash screen, if I have the mic plugged into the memory card slot, it freezes until the mic is removed. This seems a bit weird, but I guess I can just leave it unplugged. The microphone's removal does not affect USB Loader GX.

    Update: Also, is it normal for the disc drive to flash frantically while the game is playing even though there is nothing in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan1969 View Post
    Ok I am finally frustrated. I followed this guide to a t first and kept getting the error when loading a GC game it wanted to save it to sd card. So I overwrote my softmod using mauifrogs guide installed dios mios v 2.8 using this guide now when I try and load games it gives me a black screen. I have a seagate back up plus 1tb hard drive I can play wii games just fine wiiflow even sees my GC games but when I try and load them the screen goes black. I did what you said at the bottom of your tut to check if my drive is formatted fat 32 with 32kb clusters and keep getting the black screen. As a side note I reformatted my hd again and just loaded one GC game game on it and then loaded wiiflow and wiiflow is showing that I have 16 games installed when I only have the one and when I try to play the game that I loaded it still goes to a black screen. Thanks in advance for some help.
    I've been seeing this a lot lately "It works for other loaders, but not with GX". So I installed DM 2.8, loaded GX, and launched a few games. I've had no problems. I was hoping it would be a general incompatibility between 1209 and 2.8 and the fix would be to "wait for 1210". But that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't have any other recommendations at this time other than "use the loaders that work", if CFG and WiiFlow work just fine. Unless someone else thinks of something, I can't. If it works for one loader, it should work for all. So I'm stumped on that.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  10. #1890
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    ksteuber,
    Did you try GX from HBC also and did you update your GX Channel with USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad
    I have no issues with the USB mic.

    danielsan1969,
    If you only get black screen and no DIOS MIOS splash screen, chances are high your USB HDD isn't supported. Also for wiiflow reload the cache to update the games list.
    If your HDD drive partition table is GPT and not MBR it will not work with DIOS MIOS.
    Google how to convert GPT into MBR
    http://www.sevenforu...k-mbr-disk.html
    Convert GPT disk to MBR disk with free partition manager, Windows Disk Management and Diskpart command.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •