Page 163 of 297 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2962

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1621
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    fated07,
    Is the Main GameCube Path in GX USB1 ? Because the game folder has to be in 1st partition of USB HDD for DM to work.
    USB1/games/GAMEID/game.iso
    Is the GC game same region as system ? Because not all out of region GC games work with GX yet.
    Try GX: r1208 ,also remove your old .cfg files from GX, because they could cause issues when you update GX.
    GX: R1208_IOS222-249-250.7z
    Install USB Loader GX -UNEO_Forwarder Channel 5_1_AHBPROT.wad for USB Loader GX channel, because older GX channels could causes issues. Also try different GC games to see if DM 2.6 is working.
    FAQ and GameIssues
    For wii games [Guide] Fat32 you do not need a wbfs partition, wii games works perfect with FAT32.
    wbfs2fat.py - WBFS to FAT32 conversion
    Last edited by candylove; 01-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  3. #1622
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    fated07,
    Is the Main GameCube Path in GX USB1 ? Because the game folder has to be in 1st partition of USB HDD for DM to work.
    USB1/games/GAMEID/game.iso
    Is the GC game same region as system ? Because not all out of region GC games work with GX yet.
    Try GX: r1208 ,also remove your old .cfg files from GX, because they could cause issues when you update GX.
    GX: R1208_IOS222-249-250.7z
    Install USB Loader GX -UNEO_Forwarder Channel 5_1_AHBPROT.wad for USB Loader GX channel, because older GX channels could causes issues. Also try different GC games to see if DM 2.6 is working.
    FAQ and GameIssues
    For wii games [Guide] Fat32 you do not need a wbfs partition, wii games works perfect with FAT32.
    wbfs2fat.py - WBFS to FAT32 conversion
    usb loader gx upgraded to r1208 (copied boot.dol to apps usb loader gx folder) loaded via HBC and wii channel error message was "fatal error apploader file size zero"

    i am still able to load GC games via DM Booter, would really like to make it work via usb loader gx. will try to uninstall usb loader gx then install again using r1208.

  4. #1623
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    still unable to load gc games via usbloader gx(r1208 and 1200) loaded using HBC and Wii Channel. error message "fatal error apploader filesize is zero"

    will try to reinstall usb loader gx r1208

    * UPDATE * after those sleepless nights i was able to make it work using USB Loader GX r1198 and DIOS MIOS v2.2

    game settings turned DML Disc to : "ON"

    thanks candylove for the suggestion and everyone here at the forums.
    Last edited by fated07; 01-14-2013 at 10:56 PM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You fated07 For This Useful Post


  6. #1624
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've tried loading gamecube games with GX r1208, WiiFlow 4.1, CFG loader, and even DML booter and I ended up with similar results on all of them. I've tried to run super smash bros melee on each of these, and while DM loaded occasionally, if I tried to run it again on that loader DM black screens or shuts down my wii. I'm starting to suspect that my HDD isn't compatible with DM...

  7. #1625
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fated07 View Post
    still unable to load gc games via usbloader gx(r1208 and 1200) loaded using HBC and Wii Channel. error message "fatal error apploader filesize is zero"

    will try to reinstall usb loader gx r1208

    * UPDATE * after those sleepless nights i was able to make it work using USB Loader GX r1198 and DIOS MIOS v2.2

    game settings turned DML Disc to : "ON"

    thanks candylove for the suggestion and everyone here at the forums.
    Maybe DM 2.6 could not verify the Disc Drive (Disc Drive issues), with DM 2.2 and GX r1198 it does not verify the drive with DML No Disc to: ON, only the new USB Loaders and new DM have to verify the Disc Drive for DM to work.
    Happy you got it working.
    I recommended the older DM and USB Loader before for someone with a failing Disc Drive, he replace the Disc Drive and got the new DM to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by fated07 View Post
    *UPDATE* Gamecube path set to USB1, GC Region fairly sure it is (i also switched region free to enable in priiloader settings don't know if it helps) forwarder installed the latest version but i have not tried r1208.

    right now i was able to make it work with DM Booter using DM v2.2 so i'm pretty sure the problem lies within usbloader gx.

    i have usb gx r1200 (will try r1208 as suggested) everyone else was able to make it work with r1200 i guess i'm missing something within the settings.

    tested it via forwarder channel = black screen
    tested it via HBC = appsloader file size is zero etc.


    I just saw this update when you got it to work with Gamecube path set to USB1, did you try DM Booter with DM 2.6 1st ?, or only DM 2.2 work with DM Booter ? Does your Disc Drive still play GC or Wii games ? Was it the Gamecube path or the Disc Drive or both causing the issues ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluRei View Post
    I've tried loading gamecube games with GX r1208, WiiFlow 4.1, CFG loader, and even DML booter and I ended up with similar results on all of them. I've tried to run super smash bros melee on each of these, and while DM loaded occasionally, if I tried to run it again on that loader DM black screens or shuts down my wii. I'm starting to suspect that my HDD isn't compatible with DM...
    When you say DM load, did you get to play the game or only DIOS MIOS splash screen ?
    Verify your HDD is FAT32 with 32KB cluster size, use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced : right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size: I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced on three HDD to change it from 64KB to 32KB and I did not lose any data. (I ONLY RECOMMEND ACRONIS BECAUSE NO DATA LOSS) If you use any other HDD program you will have to backup everything before you change the cluster size.
    The Main GameCube Path in GX has to be USB1. The games folder has to be in USB1 for DIOS MIOS to work:
    USB1/games/GAMEID/game.iso
    Try different GC games and force video to your region because some GC games have issues.
    FAQ and GameIssues
    Last edited by candylove; 01-15-2013 at 08:56 AM.

  8. #1626
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,369
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fated07 View Post
    still unable to load gc games via usbloader gx(r1208 and 1200) loaded using HBC and Wii Channel. error message "fatal error apploader filesize is zero"
    According to the FAQ in the DiosMios download site:

    I get "Fatal error apploader size is zero!"
    This means DM was unable to mount the selected ISO for whatever reason.
    • Verify that your dump is ok, just google for the md5 hash.
    • Try to install the game again (delete the old folder before)
    • Your loader is using an incorrect config version

  9. #1627
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    fated07....your problem is putting all the DML settings to off... GX treats the DML settings with DM too. Just put those to auto.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluRei View Post
    I've tried loading gamecube games with GX r1208, WiiFlow 4.1, CFG loader, and even DML booter and I ended up with similar results on all of them. I've tried to run super smash bros melee on each of these, and while DM loaded occasionally, if I tried to run it again on that loader DM black screens or shuts down my wii. I'm starting to suspect that my HDD isn't compatible with DM...
    That happened to me originally, with DM 2.0. DM Loading occasionally. So strange. I honestly can't think of a reason. Have you tried with another USB?
    Last edited by cwjakesteel; 01-15-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: responding to 2 people

  10. 1 User Says Thank You cwjakesteel For This Useful Post


  11. #1628
    New Member Emiya Shirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So where are those games in USB Loader GX? Installed wad with Wad Manager 1.7, installed iso via DM Tool Box, plugged to USB my HDD, opened USB Loader GX, Wii backups are there, GC aren't... wtf?

  12. #1629
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiya Shirou
    So where are those games in USB Loader GX? Installed wad with Wad Manager 1.7, installed iso via DM Tool Box, plugged to USB my HDD, opened USB Loader GX, Wii backups are there, GC aren't... wtf?
    You have to click the filter button (4th from the left I believe) and check the GC Games box.

  13. #1630
    New Member Emiya Shirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    You have to click the filter button (4th from the left I believe) and check the GC Games box.
    Umm the games are visible in CFG USB Loader, but aren't in USB Loader GX (I have the newest version - 3.0) (I have changed that option you said btw. still not displaying them)
    Last edited by Emiya Shirou; 01-16-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •