Page 114 of 298 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2978

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1131
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    DiscEX name it like this
    For eg:

    Disc 1 GQSEAF
    Disc 2 GQSEAF2

    Disc 1 GBZE08
    Disc 2 GBZE082

    Disc 1 GCDE08
    Disc 2 GCDE082
    Thanks for the info! I was starting to think no one was going to answer that. Can you explain with more detail what I would need to do? I see that you add a 2 to the end. I ripped all my GameCube games using USB Loader GX and I believe it saves them in a folder with ISO called game. I have never used DiscEx. So do I have to rename things? I don't know how I need to go about this seeing how I did not use DiscEx and ripped everything in USB Loader GX. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!

  2. #1132
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was starting to think no one was going to answer that. Can you explain with more detail what I would need to do? I see that you add a 2 to the end. I ripped all my GameCube games using USB Loader GX and I believe it saves them in a folder with ISO called game. I have never used DiscEx. So do I have to rename things? I don't know how I need to go about this seeing how I did not use DiscEx and ripped everything in USB Loader GX. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great!
    If USB Loader GX will not install Disc 2 then try cleanrip from the Wii, put cleanrip in your apps folder to install Disc 2 to a SD/USB, you will just have to put the ISO in the right folder with the GameID and add 2 to the end and put it in your games folder on your USB like:
    USB / games / GQSEAF2 / game.iso (and DIOS MIOS will load it fine)
    You only need DiscEx from the computer, if you want it to name the ISO for you and convert the GC images to the required format it is optional, DiscEX deprecated, because a new update is available DMToolbox v0.1a, it install your games to a SD/USB device, from the computer if you have the GC images.

    With USB Loader GX you could temporary remove GQSEAF for disc 1 from the games folder and install disc 2, add a 2 to the end and then put back GQSEAF for disc 1, so you will have GQSEAF and GQSEAF2.
    Last edited by candylove; 09-27-2012 at 09:45 AM.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  4. #1133
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    If USB Loader GX will not install Disc 2 then try cleanrip from the Wii, put cleanrip in your apps folder to install Disc 2 to a SD/USB, you will just have to put the ISO in the right folder with the GameID and add 2 to the end and put it in your games folder on your USB like:
    USB / games / GQSEAF2 / game.iso (and DIOS MIOS will load it fine)
    You only need DiscEx from the computer, if you want it to name the ISO for you and convert the GC images to the required format it is optional, DiscEX deprecated, because a new update is available DMToolbox v0.1a, it install your games to a SD/USB device, from the computer if you have the GC images.

    With USB Loader GX you could temporary remove GQSEAF for disc 1 from the games folder and install disc 2, add a 2 to the end and then put back GQSEAF for disc 1, so you will have GQSEAF and GQSEAF2.
    So I'll have two folders one for each disc? It will still download images for both and will they both be named the same?

  5. #1134
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya View Post
    So I'll have two folders one for each disc? It will still download images for both and will they both be named the same?
    Yes
    Last edited by candylove; 09-27-2012 at 05:06 PM.

  6. #1135
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Yes
    Is there a way to differentiate between the two folders and game names?

  7. #1136
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya View Post
    Is there a way to differentiate between the two folders and game names?
    It should be in order, the 1st one in your USB Loader display is disc 1 and your USB Loader and DIOS MIOS knows which one is disc 1 and disc 2, so it works great.

    In CFG USB Loader it says disc 2. (some support for 2 disc gamecube games)

    In Wiiflow it says disc 1 and disc 2. ( more support for 2 disc gamecube games)

    I thought it was my theme in USB Loader GX is why it did not say disc 1 and disc 2, so only GX does not say disc 1 and disc 2, it says disc 1 for both,( it does not have support for 2 disc games install yet).

    I will have to recommend wiiflow v4.0.1 r431,(added support for more 2 disc gamecube games for installing (thanks etheboss), try it, if you have a lot of 2 disc GC games.

    Edit: NMM does not work with "Tales of Symphonia" , only GC memory card
    Last edited by candylove; 09-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  9. #1137
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey everyone, I'm having a problem getting ocarina codes to work on DML
    I'm using DML because I have a WBFS formated drive for my Wii games and I only need a couple of Gamecube games. So I took the DML route and I'm using a 16GB sd card.
    I downloaded DML 2.3 and got it working right away on USB Loader GX r1202 with zero problems. However getting codes to work is a different story. I enabled ocarina and saved the .gct under sd/codes/GAMEID and got a message saying "Warning: The GCT Cheatcodes path must be on SD" when starting a game. Weird because all I'm using is an SD?? So I looked around online and people were saying that it has to be under the directory usb/game/GAMEID so I tired that on my SD but had no luck. I also tried renaming the GCT to ID6.gct and I tried using Dios Mios Booter and nothing! I really just want to get cheats to work! So if any one knows what to do please help me! Thanks.

    EDIT: Problem solved, don't use USB Loader GX r1202!! r1201 works though.
    Last edited by Reid Parsekian; 09-28-2012 at 03:29 PM.

  10. #1138
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,693
    Thanks
    3,232
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,121 Posts
    @Reid Parsekian...
    Please refrain from asking about ocarina cheats, cause we do not support cheating.

  11. #1139
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Parsekian
    don't use USB Loader GX r1202!! r1201 works though.
    Yup, as I've said several times now, r1202 is unstable and should be avoided. If you look through the google codes Beta release section the creator of the program explains why.

  12. #1140
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 126 Times in 69 Posts
    Should I take the cheats section out of the guide?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •