Page 108 of 298 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2978

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.11 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1071
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya
    Need Help with DIOS MIOS

    I successfully softmodded my Wii this past week using the Softmod Any Wii Guide. I am now trying to get DIOS MIOS set up so I can back up my GameCube collection.
    Wii: 4.3u, Installed into Boot2

    I installed USB Loader GX (r1202) - Main GameCube Path = usb1\games\ - What is the GameCube 32K Aligned Setting? Should I use the compressed setting or uncompressed? All of the guides and posts I have been seeing have been telling people to set DML to 2.2 (That is not in USB Loader GX r1202, and they also say to set the path but they don't specifically say to set "Main GameCube Path."

    I installed DIOS MIOS 2.2 using Wad Manager 1.7 (Tried using iso249 and iso236 ... based on the posts I have been reading those are the iso to use, also tried installing the MIOS v10 and then reinstalling DIOS MIOS)
    I ripped Super Mario Sunshine and have been trying to play it. The DIOS MIOS screen shows then goes to black and freeze.

    My External HDD plays Wii games. It is a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 1.5 TB HDD (Someone posted they have had success with this drive for both Wii and GC so I got this HDD)

    Please help, this is frustrating. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    Well lets start with the basics, is your HDD FAT32 with a 32kb cluster size?

  2. #1072
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    is your drive formatted as fat32 with 32 bit cluster size....lol Snes master beat me
    Last edited by wartutor; 09-23-2012 at 11:10 PM.

  3. #1073
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Well lets start with the basics, is your HDD FAT32 with a 32kb cluster size?
    Yes, my External HDD is formated as FAT32. When I formated it using the "EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition," it had no setting for Cluster Size. The whole External HDD is formatted as Fat32. It is USB1 and plugged into the USB port that is closest to the edge in the back. I set USB Loader GX r1202 to have the GameCube Main Path as usb1/games/ and ripped my first game into that directory.

  4. #1074
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya View Post
    Yes, my External HDD is formated as FAT32. When I formated it using the "EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition," it had no setting for Cluster Size. The whole External HDD is formatted as Fat32. It is USB1 and plugged into the USB port that is closest to the edge in the back. I set USB Loader GX r1202 to have the GameCube Main Path as usb1/games/ and ripped my first game into that directory.
    What is the GameCube 32K Aligned Setting? ON ( 32KB cluster size)

    "Most applications that format drives automatically set it to 64kb, even if you tell it to do 32kb. A simple double check will make sure it's right."
    I believe if your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check: right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size:
    I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check my hard drive cluster size and it was 64KB so I change it to 32KB and I did not lose any data and it is very quick.

    You can examine the properties of a file on the disk (preferably a very small one made with Notepad) and it's "size on disk" can tell you the cluster size. For instance, this 1 byte file consumes 4KB (4096 bytes) on disk because 4KB (4096 bytes) is the cluster size. If it consumes 32KB (32,768 bytes) on the disk the cluster size is 32KB. If it consumes 64KB (65536 bytes) the cluster size is 64KB.

    Last edited by candylove; 09-24-2012 at 06:03 AM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  6. #1075
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    What is the GameCube 32K Aligned Setting? ON ( 32KB cluster size)

    "Most applications that format drives automatically set it to 64kb, even if you tell it to do 32kb. A simple double check will make sure it's right."
    I believe if your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check: right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size:
    I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check my hard drive cluster size and it was 64KB so I change it to 32KB and I did not lose any data and it is very quick.

    You can examine the properties of a file on the disk (preferably a very small one made with Notepad) and it's "size on disk" can tell you the cluster size. For instance, this 1 byte file consumes 4KB (4096 bytes) on disk because 4KB (4096 bytes) is the cluster size. If it consumes 32KB (32,768 bytes) on the disk the cluster size is 32KB. If it consumes 64KB (65536 bytes) the cluster size is 64KB.

    Thanks for the information! I will try seeing if the Cluster Size is what is causing this issue. I totally would have set the Cluster Size to 32k if EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition allowed me to. I will check out Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced. So I will easily be able to change this without affecting the data on my HDD and not have to rerip everything? I think someone needs to update these guides to have these more specific steps. They failed to mention EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition does not show the Cluster Size setting when formatting to FAT32. I do not remember reading about your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check. Seems like a handful of people are having issues because of these missing details. Anyways, thanks for the information and I will check this out this evening after work. Do you think I am missing anything else? So when you use WAD Manager to install WADs why do you have to select which IOS to use to install them? Why is IOS249 the default and what does changing it to say 236 do for you?

  7. #1076
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya View Post
    So I will easily be able to change this without affecting the data on my HDD and not have to rerip everything? I think someone needs to update these guides to have these more specific steps. They failed to mention EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition does not show the Cluster Size setting when formatting to FAT32. I do not remember reading about your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check. Seems like a handful of people are having issues because of these missing details. Anyways, thanks for the information and I will check this out this evening after work. Do you think I am missing anything else? So when you use WAD Manager to install WADs why do you have to select which IOS to use to install them? Why is IOS249 the default and what does changing it to say 236 do for you?
    EaseUS Partition Master does not let you change the cluster size, Acronis and MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition lets you change the cluster size without reformatting the HDD , so no data loss.
    I remove the HB stuff and kept it on the computer and I left all my games and videos on the HDD and I change the cluster size from 64KB to 32KB and I did not lose any data and all the games and videos works perfect after.
    IOS236 is recommended but some use IOS249, they both work.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You candylove For This Useful Post


  9. #1077
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove

    EaseUS Partition Master does not let you change the cluster size, Acronis and MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition lets you change the cluster size without reformatting the HDD , so no data loss.
    I remove the HB stuff and kept it on the computer and I left all my games and videos on the HDD and I change the cluster size from 64KB to 32KB and I did not lose any data and all the games and videos works perfect after.
    IOS236 is recommended but some use IOS249, they both work.
    EaseUS does let you change cluster size, just not without erasing your data.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  11. #1078
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    EaseUS does let you change cluster size, just not without erasing your data.
    With EaseUs you cannot check HDD cluster size and with EaseUS you have to reformat the HDD to change the cluster size, so I never recommend EaseUS, because you lose all data.

    With Acronis and MiniTool you could change the cluster size without reformatting the HDD and no data loss.
    Last edited by candylove; 09-24-2012 at 08:16 AM.

  12. #1079
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks guys for the information and quick responses! Do you think the Cluster Size could be the culprit and causing the Black Screen after the DIOS MIOS Logo (I hope that is the issue! Looks to be an easy fix.)?

  13. #1080
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove

    With EaseUs you cannot check HDD cluster size and with EaseUS you have to reformat the HDD to change the cluster size, so I never recommend EaseUS, because you lose all data.

    With Acronis and MiniTool you could change the cluster size without reformatting the HDD and no data loss.
    That is true, but it does allow you to change it though. Just costs you a lot of time and, unless you back it up, all your data too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikerakashiya
    Thanks guys for the information and quick responses! Do you think the Cluster Size could be the culprit and causing the Black Screen after the DIOS MIOS Logo (I hope that is the issue! Looks to be an easy fix.)?
    It could be, only way to know for sure is to make your cluster size 32kb

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •