Page 95 of 294 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 2939

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #941
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    strange that what exactly in my games folder

    ahh i just need to Relode cach

    Please Use The Edit Function.
    Last edited by Jax; 10-14-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  2. #942
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bombi View Post
    I used EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition to check the partition properties. On the FAT Info tab, it says:

    First FAT Sector: 32

    and below that:

    Reserved Sectors: 32

    Does that mean it has a 32 kb cluster size or not?
    Sector is not cluster size

    MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition/right click your disk/ modify/change cluster size
    will show current cluster size is _ sector, _kb is the cluster size

    I believe if your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check: right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size:
    I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check my hard drive cluster size and it was 64KB so I change it to 32KB and I did not lose any data and it is very quick.
    Last edited by candylove; 09-15-2012 at 12:32 PM.

  3. #943
    New Member Mister Bombi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Sector is not cluster size

    MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition/right click your disk/ modify/change cluster size
    will show current cluster size is _ sector, _kb is the cluster size

    I believe if your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check: right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size:
    I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check my hard drive cluster size and it was 64KB so I change it to 32KB and I did not lose any data and it is very quick.
    If I change the cluster size, does that mess up my partition?

  4. #944
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bombi View Post
    If I change the cluster size, does that mess up my partition?
    no, you will not lose any data. I remove the HB stuff kept it on the computer and I left all my games and movies and they all work perfect after I change the cluster size, your partition will be the same just with 32KB cluster size

    You can examine the properties of a file on the disk (preferably a very small one made with Notepad) and it's "size on disk" can tell you the cluster size. For instance, this 1 byte file consumes 4KB (4096 bytes) on disk because 4KB (4096 bytes) is the cluster size. If it consumes 32KB (32,768 bytes) on the disk the cluster size is 32KB. If it consumes 64KB (65536 bytes) the cluster size is 64KB.


    Please Use The Edit Function.
    Last edited by Jax; 10-14-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  5. #945
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 124 Times in 67 Posts
    Wow candylove, that's a really impressive way to test it.

  6. #946
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,151
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove
    You can examine the properties of a file on the disk (preferably a very small one made with Notepad) and it's "size on disk" can tell you the cluster size. For instance, this 1 byte file consumes 4KB (4096 bytes) on disk because 4KB (4096 bytes) is the cluster size. If it consumes 32KB (32,768 bytes) on the disk the cluster size is 32KB. If it consumes 64KB (65536 bytes) the cluster size is 64KB.
    So size would be the file itself and size on disc would be the cluster size? Interesting....and this check would work on a entire external HDD as well as individual files?

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  7. #947
    New Member
    Dios Mios Expert
    cwjakesteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 124 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    So size would be the file itself and size on disc would be the cluster size? Interesting....and this check would work on a entire external HDD as well as individual files?

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    Yes of course. The size on disk is the physical box your HDD puts data into.

  8. #948
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    most games i tested was run perfictly but tales of symphonia game and sound freeze befor the first fight

    is there anything can be done ?

  9. #949
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,151
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zdzxzdzx
    most games i tested was run perfictly but tales of symphonia game and sound freeze befor the first fight

    is there anything can be done ?
    You may want to use Devolution as a secondary loader, some games that don't work on DIOS MIOS will work on Devolution and vice versa.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  10. #950
    New Member Mister Bombi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    You can examine the properties of a file on the disk (preferably a very small one made with Notepad) and it's "size on disk" can tell you the cluster size. For instance, this 1 byte file consumes 4KB (4096 bytes) on disk because 4KB (4096 bytes) is the cluster size. If it consumes 32KB (32,768 bytes) on the disk the cluster size is 32KB. If it consumes 64KB (65536 bytes) the cluster size is 64KB.
    So the cluster size is 32 kb but the none of the games are loading. I guess my HDD isn't compatible with DM.

    I'll add it to the compatibility list.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •