Page 282 of 295 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2945

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2811
    New Member mathesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Your new sysCheck looks perfect and that's great the 8GB Xporter USB stick works. If you plan on using the new USB HDD with the Wii U in the future you will need one with a ac adapter (external USB storage device with a dedicated power source). Maybe the one you have now will work with the Wii U. DIOS MIOS will not work on the Wii U but Devolution will .
    [Guide] Devolution - USB Loading GameCube Games on Wii & Wii U
    Usb HDD Compatibility List For DIOS MIOS
    Sorry I meant a portable usb drive, friend of mine uses this one with his wii and hasn't had any issues, It uses the Wii's usb port for power, No AC adapter (we haven't tried any GC titles with it tho!): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136417 ,I'll definitely mind the DIOS MIOS compatibility list when choosing, Thanks.

  2. #2812
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    god this is soo frusterating!!!

    im coming from the devoution thread because i can only make basic loader work and none of the other loaders which i dont like. and so now im on here following this DIY and none of the loaders are still working ahhhhh. i have been at this for the last few weeks and ive done re re resoft modded my wii to make sure im doing everything step by step.

    after i install the 'wad' im supposed to use which ever usbloader correct? well im trying each one and nothing works. usbloader doesnt detect my usb stick when i have all the paths set correctly. cgf loader doesnt even recognize my usb. wiiflow doesnt do anything. and i dont even know where this 'booter' loader is... i really want to just go on craigslist and pay someone to do this because it is taking up too much of my time hogging the tv when we only have one in the house. if i donate to the site can i just ask specific questions that deal with already acquired roms?!?!

  3. #2813
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
    god this is soo frusterating!!!

    im coming from the devoution thread because i can only make basic loader work and none of the other loaders which i dont like. and so now im on here following this DIY and none of the loaders are still working ahhhhh. i have been at this for the last few weeks and ive done re re resoft modded my wii to make sure im doing everything step by step.

    after i install the 'wad' im supposed to use which ever usbloader correct? well im trying each one and nothing works. usbloader doesnt detect my usb stick when i have all the paths set correctly. cgf loader doesnt even recognize my usb. wiiflow doesnt do anything. and i dont even know where this 'booter' loader is... i really want to just go on craigslist and pay someone to do this because it is taking up too much of my time hogging the tv when we only have one in the house. if i donate to the site can i just ask specific questions that deal with already acquired roms?!?!
    Are you using the latest USB Loaders? I'm using GX r1217, CFG v70r65 and WiiFlow 4.2.1 and always try from HBC 1st.The full GX channel has issues with DIOS MIOS try the forwarder channel USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad or from HBC. Does your Wii games work with your USB stick? What is your GameCube path? Is the game.iso in a sub-folder of the games folder like USB1:/games/GMPP01/game.iso or USB1:/games/GZEE70/game.iso ? For GX did you change the Loader Settings/ GameCube Mode to MIOS (Default & Customs) and for USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path from SD to USB1:/games/; and for Wiiflow Settings Default GC game Loader to Auto MIOS.
    If you have the GameCube path and GameCube settings correct and none of the USB Loader detect your USB stick and you get black screen and no DIOS MIOS splash screen chances are high that your USB stick is not supported.
    Usb HDD Compatibility List For DIOS MIOS

  4. #2814
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Are you using the latest USB Loaders? I'm using GX r1217, CFG v70r65 and WiiFlow 4.2.1 and always try from HBC 1st.The full GX channel has issues with DIOS MIOS try the forwarder channel USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad or from HBC. Does your Wii games work with your USB stick? What is your GameCube path? Is the game.iso in a sub-folder of the games folder like USB1:/games/GMPP01/game.iso or USB1:/games/GZEE70/game.iso ? For GX did you change the Loader Settings/ GameCube Mode to MIOS (Default & Customs) and for USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path from SD to USB1:/games/; and for Wiiflow Settings Default GC game Loader to Auto MIOS.
    If you have the GameCube path and GameCube settings correct and none of the USB Loader detect your USB stick and you get black screen and no DIOS MIOS splash screen chances are high that your USB stick is not supported.
    Usb HDD Compatibility List For DIOS MIOS
    i have all of that correct. im pretty sure my usb IS compatible because basicloader from devolution works but none of the other loaders do. as per this guide i do not see any type of dios mios splash screen on the wii. i am going to start from scratch again and reflash my wii and work my way to this guide. i hope i dont break my wii from too many reflashes

  5. #2815
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    My games on my usb drive arent showing up in Mios Dios as they were last week. The same gc game in in the machine as it was last week. I have 7 games on my hdd, they are still there because I have checked the hdd, I definitely formatted the hdd as fat32 with a cluster of 32kb. Help

  6. #2816
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,314
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 892 Posts
    The wouldn't appear in Dios Mios, as it isn't an app that you run. The USB loaders have to be configured to know where to look for the GameCube games, and once you select it, then Dios Mios launches to run the game.

    So the problem is something with the USB loader if you are confident that they are correctly stored on the hard drive.

    Have you tried other loaders? Have you messed with the default PATH configurations in the loader?

    Click Below for recommended Links


  7. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  8. #2817
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I will take a look tomorrow llaffer, its late here and Ive just done a week of night shifts. Im using wiiflow. Not tried other loaders as of yet. Will report back, thanks llaffrer, your help and advice is invaluable and is very much appreciated

  9. #2818
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    I will take a look tomorrow llaffer, its late here and Ive just done a week of night shifts. Im using wiiflow. Not tried other loaders as of yet. Will report back, thanks llaffrer, your help and advice is invaluable and is very much appreciated
    For Wiiflow after you select the GameCube button select the Home button then select Reload Cache.

  10. #2819
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    The wouldn't appear in Dios Mios, as it isn't an app that you run. The USB loaders have to be configured to know where to look for the GameCube games, and once you select it, then Dios Mios launches to run the game.

    So the problem is something with the USB loader if you are confident that they are correctly stored on the hard drive.

    Have you tried other loaders? Have you messed with the default PATH configurations in the loader?
    I have set my game partition as Usb1 and I can see the gamecube games in wiiflow. However each time I go to play one, what happens is the Dios Mios scren comes up, then after a second the screen turns blue (as if I had switched the console off) then the GC game that I have in the disc drive boots up (Metroid Prime). I have mty games on my hdd set up like this

    games/Legend Of Zelda 4 swords/game iso
    games/resident Evil 0/game iso
    ................and so on

    Is this right???

  11. #2820
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,314
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 892 Posts
    Have you run the game isos through DMToolbox? If so, it would have created a directory structure consisting of the game ID as a directory name, a game.iso file, and other files that may not be needed, but small enough they don't hurt. Copy those directories, files and all, into your usb:/games (removing or renmaing your old games directory to get them out of the way) to see if that helps.

    Click Below for recommended Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •