Page 242 of 287 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2867

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2411
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alright. I did actually try a few of the other loaders before now. Haven't tried wiiflow because I managed to break it and didn't care enough to fix it since I rarely use it anyways.
    I'll also try using Dios Mios 2.6, even though there is no conceivable reason that it should work better than any of the other versions I have tried.


    EDIT: Still no luck. I'm having the same problem with every launcher. For whatever reason the second I go to boot up dios mios the HDD decides to turn off and back on (I can both hear and see this happening).
    It only happens when launching gamecube games, when launching wii games this does not occur.
    Last edited by GuidingArrow; 07-10-2013 at 11:31 AM.

  2. #2412
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidingArrow View Post
    Alright. I did actually try a few of the other loaders before now. Haven't tried wiiflow because I managed to break it and didn't care enough to fix it since I rarely use it anyways.
    I'll also try using Dios Mios 2.6, even though there is no conceivable reason that it should work better than any of the other versions I have tried.


    EDIT: Still no luck. I'm having the same problem with every launcher. For whatever reason the second I go to boot up dios mios the HDD decides to turn off and back on (I can both hear and see this happening).
    It only happens when launching gamecube games, when launching wii games this does not occur.
    Did you useWad Manager 1.7 to install DM with IOS236?

  3. #2413
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes, I have tried with Wad Manager 1.7 Using IOS236, along with the latest versions of WiiMod and MMM.

  4. #2414
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My disc drive works, I just wanted to get this working for convenience.
    I am just really confused as to why the drive is shutting down briefly when I launch dios mios.
    It detects and displays the games fine but as soon as I click launch the HDD light flashes indicating activity and then shuts off completely and the HDD goes silent then boots back up leaving me stuck at a black screen.

  5. #2415
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidingArrow View Post
    My disc drive works, I just wanted to get this working for convenience.
    I am just really confused as to why the drive is shutting down briefly when I launch dios mios.
    It detects and displays the games fine but as soon as I click launch the HDD light flashes indicating activity and then shuts off completely and the HDD goes silent then boots back up leaving me stuck at a black screen.
    Always try from HBC 1st. Also try keeping all your USB Loader apps only on your USB HDD and remove it from your SD card and see if that works for you, you could put it back on your SD if it does not work for you I keep all my USB Loaders apps in a apps folder only on my FAT32 USB HDD so both my Wii works without the SD card. Just make sure the main GameCube path is set to USB1 will not work if it's SD or USB2 or USB3 etc.
    Your USB HDD is connected to the lower USB port on the Wii the one closest to the edge of the Wii. Hope you get the WD HDD to work because I love it and I have no issues with it.

  6. #2416
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have it in that port, the other port makes it so that it doesn't even get detected by USBLoader.

    Just to confirm, do I have to do anything besides moving the files to an apps folder on my HDD? because it doesn't seem to be showing up on the homebrew channel now that I have done that.

  7. #2417
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidingArrow View Post
    I have it in that port, the other port makes it so that it doesn't even get detected by USBLoader.

    Just to confirm, do I have to do anything besides moving the files to an apps folder on my HDD? because it doesn't seem to be showing up on the homebrew channel now that I have done that.
    Thats OK the HBC is loading the SD card only and not the USB HDD. Transfer the whole apps folder from your SD card to the USB HDD and try HBC without the SD card in the Wii then it will load the USB HDD or try USB Loaders from the system menu if you have the channels install.
    When the SD card is in the Wii the HBC loads it and when the SD card is not in the the Wii it loads the USB HDD apps folder I play all the USB Loaders from the Wii system menu because I have the USB Loader channels.

  8. #2418
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So far I'm having no luck getting any apps to launch from the HDD. I did uninstall the USBLoader GX channel since I wasn't sur eif I have the full channel or just the forwarder, but HBC doesn't detect anything from the HDD and none of the forwarders I do have installed cause things to launch from the HDD. It does look like they try to launch as the HDD light blinks but then it just boots back to the main menu.

  9. #2419
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidingArrow View Post
    So far I'm having no luck getting any apps to launch from the HDD. I did uninstall the USBLoader GX channel since I wasn't sur eif I have the full channel or just the forwarder, but HBC doesn't detect anything from the HDD and none of the forwarders I do have installed cause things to launch from the HDD. It does look like they try to launch as the HDD light blinks but then it just boots back to the main menu.
    All my Wii channels are forwarders and it loads from the USB HDD apps folder if it does not work for you keep the apps folder only on your SD card. Both my Wii are set up to work without the SD card but I do not recommend it so keep it on your SD card. Delete the config folder on your SD card the new GX does not need it. Have to go for now will check back later.

  10. #2420
    New Member GuidingArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alright, that is what I have been doing up to this point. The fact that it isn't working from USB seems to be really odd.
    Can you think of any reason it might not be working?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •