Page 207 of 295 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2945

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #2061
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    I have the latest versions of CFG, GX, and WiiFlow in my signature. All of them should work with Dios Mios.

    Make sure that you have the files on the USB drive looking like this:

    USB:/games/{gameID}/game.iso (with other files in the directory)
    The route looks like this USB:/games/{gameID}/game.iso, but what do you mean with "other files in the directory"? The only thing i see in the game directory is the game.iso. By the way, i used Dm Toolbox to copy the game to my external hardrive.
    Also, im installing Dios Mios wad from my SD card, because if i try to install any wad from my HDD using wad mannager, i get a mounting device error. Could that be the problem? Do i need to install the wad from my USB HDD?

    EDIT: I tried installing the latest version of wiiflow and now, everytime i open it, it ask me for some kind of configuration, but i don't see any letters on the screen, i had to go back to the older version i was using before.
    Last edited by manyakpo; 04-07-2013 at 08:33 AM.

  2. #2062
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,341
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manyakpo View Post
    The route looks like this USB:/games/{gameID}/game.iso, but what do you mean with "other files in the directory"? The only thing i see in the game directory is the game.iso. By the way, i used Dm Toolbox to copy the game to my external hardrive.
    Also, im installing Dios Mios wad from my SD card, because if i try to install any wad from my HDD using wad mannager, i get a mounting device error. Could that be the problem? Do i need to install the wad from my USB HDD?

    EDIT: I tried installing the latest version of wiiflow and now, everytime i open it, it ask me for some kind of configuration, but i don't see any letters on the screen, i had to go back to the older version i was using before.
    DMToolbox would have generated other output files other than the .iso, but they ultimately don't matter, just as long as the game.iso file is in the right place.

    Installing the .wad from an SD card is fine. I have problems with Wii Mod mounting the USB drive as well.

    I have no idea about WiiFlow, I've never used it for more than testing a few games. I use CFG more than the others. If you have a version less than 4.1 of WiiFlow, it won't work with DM. Stick with GX or CFG if you're having problems with WiiFlow. I'll have to go back in the thread to see what you've tried and what you've not yet tried, so I'll edit my reply soon if I can think of something else for you to try. If you've not tried the latest versions of CFG or GX, get them from my signature and give them a try.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  3. #2063
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, now i installed the latest version of cfg loader and finally got to see the game, but now i have another problem. When i try to boot the game, sometimes i get to see a black screen and then nothing happens, and on a second try i saw the Dios Mios logo on the screen, then the game booted, and sudenly my wii turned off by itself.

    EDIT: It's seems that i have to try like 2 or 3 times for the game to boot, but sooner or latter (2 minutes max), the console turns off. Thanks for all the help so far!

    EDIT2: if i try with the option "no disc" on, i get Dios Mios Screen everytime, but the game doesn't boot. The game im trying with is TLOZ: The Wind Waker, and afaik it should work without a disk
    Last edited by manyakpo; 04-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.

  4. #2064
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,341
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 895 Posts
    Hard drive FAT32 formatted with 32k cluster size?

    Click Below for recommended Links


  5. #2065
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Hard drive FAT32 formatted with 32k cluster size?
    Yes, FAT32, 32k cluster, i formated it with Acronis Disk Director

  6. #2066
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,341
    Thanks
    365
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 895 Posts
    Did you validate that it formatted correctly? (I've heard of cases where people thought they were formatting 32k, but still ended up 64k when they checked).

    Click Below for recommended Links


  7. #2067
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Did you validate that it formatted correctly? (I've heard of cases where people thought they were formatting 32k, but still ended up 64k when they checked).
    Yes, i checked it like the guide sugests, with a text file, and the size on disk is 32kb.

  8. #2068
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manyakpo View Post
    Yes, i checked it like the guide sugests, with a text file, and the size on disk is 32kb.
    Is the main GameCube path USB1?
    For USB Loader GX, go into settings>custom paths, and change the path to USB1:/games
    GC games only works if it's in (USB1) 1st partition of the HDD it will not work if it's in (USB2)

    Do you have Disc Drive issues?

  9. #2069
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    on USB Loader GX the path is set to USB1:/games and games doesn't show up. But that's not the problem right now, as i said i can see and sometimes boot gamecube games using Cfg loader, but after 2 minutes max my wii turns off by itself.
    And my disc drive is ok, it works perfectly with original games, but im almost sure it's one of the new drives that doesn't work with backups.
    Last edited by manyakpo; 04-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.

  10. #2070
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manyakpo View Post
    on USB Loader GX the path is set to USB1:/games and games doesn't show up. But that's not the problem right now, as i said i can see and sometimes boot gamecube games using Cfg loader, but after 2 minutes max my wii turns off by itself.
    And my disc drive is ok, it works perfectly with original games, but im almost sure it's one of the new drives that doesn't work with backups.
    How many partition does your USB HDD have?
    Is your USB HDD connected to the lower USB port, the one closest to the edge?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •