Page 128 of 294 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2939

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1271
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoplast View Post
    hmm yes, everything you indicated is correct.
    Is your GC games folder in USB1 in your USB Loaders ? Did you use Wad manager 1.7
    to install DM 2.4 ? Try dios-mios-booter r30 first because it does not need cIOS, if dios mios booter does not work none of the USB Loaders are going to work, new USB Loader needs updated cIOS, which then loads DM. Always try from HBC first.

  2. #1272
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    Is your GC games folder in USB1 in your USB Loaders ? Did you use Wad manager 1.7
    to install DM 2.4 ? Try dios-mios-booter r30 first because it does not need cIOS, if dios mios booter does not work none of the USB Loaders are going to work, new USB Loader needs updated cIOS, which then loads DM. Always try from HBC first.


    I am loading HBC but using CFG Loader, not USB GX. CFG and Wiiflow recognize the iso, but usbloader GX doesnt (maybe because of an outdated revision). I did use Wad manager 1.7 and tried reinstalling DIOSMIOS again but it didnt do anything. I tried the booter you gave me; does the disc have to be in the drive for it to boot? i change the device to USB but the only game listed is "Boot disc in DVD drive", when i believe the game ISO's should show up here. Thanks for the help again, hope i get this to work soon!

    i tried using the "boot disc in dvd drive" anyway, but it gave me a black screen again with USB selected as the device.

  3. #1273
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoplast View Post


    I am loading HBC but using CFG Loader, not USB GX. CFG and Wiiflow recognize the iso, but usbloader GX doesnt (maybe because of an outdated revision). I did use Wad manager 1.7 and tried reinstalling DIOSMIOS again but it didnt do anything. I tried the booter you gave me; does the disc have to be in the drive for it to boot? i change the device to USB but the only game listed is "Boot disc in DVD drive", when i believe the game ISO's should show up here. Thanks for the help again, hope i get this to work soon!

    i tried using the "boot disc in dvd drive" anyway, but it gave me a black screen again with USB selected as the device.


    In wiiflow settings is your GC game partition USB1. GC games will not work if the games folder is in USB2. You do not need a disc in it for it to work , also the NoDisc setting should be OFF. If the game is not showing up in DIOS MIOS Booter it may not be first partition (USB1) or 32KB cluster size. You could also try different GC games and use
    DMToolbox or the USB Loader to install the games.
    Last edited by candylove; 11-01-2012 at 06:45 PM.

  4. #1274
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post


    In wiiflow settings is your GC game partition USB1. GC games will not work if the games folder is in USB2. You do not need a disc in it for it to work , also the NoDisc setting should be OFF. If the game is not showing up in DIOS MIOS Booter it may not be first partition (USB1) or 32KB cluster size. You could also try different GC games and use
    DMToolbox or the USB Loader to install the games.


    It is USB1, and the nodisc setting is off; does the partition have to be 32KB or anything less than 32KB is fine? i read the latter so i formatted at 16kb..maybe thats been the reason all along :x

    [/COLOR]

  5. #1275
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoplast View Post
    It is USB1, and the nodisc setting is off; does the partition have to be 32KB or anything less than 32KB is fine? i read the latter so i formatted at 16kb..maybe thats been the reason all along :x

    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    If you want to change the cluster size I recommend Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced : right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size: and change it to 32KB (I ONLY RECOMMEND ACRONIS BECAUSE NO DATA LOSS) If you use any other HDD program you will have to backup everything before you change the cluster size. For USB HDD it should be 32KB, for SD it could be less.

    If there is a GC disc in the Drive DIOS MIOS Booter should Boot it if you choose Boot disc in DVD Drive. You will see the splash screen before it boot the disc. Did you install DM 2.4 with IOS236 ?
    Does DIOS-MIOS Booter say DIOS-MIOS Built: Oct 21 2012

    You may have to try another USB HDD or USB flash Drive.


    Last edited by candylove; 11-01-2012 at 07:44 PM.

  6. #1276
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    If you want to change the cluster size I recommend Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced : right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size: and change it to 32KB (I ONLY RECOMMEND ACRONIS BECAUSE NO DATA LOSS) If you use any other HDD program you will have to backup everything before you change the cluster size. For USB HDD it should be 32KB, for SD it could be less.

    If there is a GC disc in the Drive DIOS MIOS Booter should Boot it if you choose Boot disc in DVD Drive. Did you install DM 2.4 with IOS236 ?
    Does DIOS-MIOS Booter say DIOS-MIOS Built: Oct 21 2012





    i installed it with IOS249; i dont think i even have 236, could that be the problem? and yes, DMB is the latest build.


  7. #1277
    New Member Mister Bombi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    At last! DM 2.4 is compatible with my USB device!

    praise-the-lord-meme-generator-praise-the-lord-5d7260.jpg

  8. #1278
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoplast View Post
    i installed it with IOS249; i dont think i even have 236, could that be the problem? and yes, DMB is the latest build.
    DIOS-MIOS Built: Oct 21 2012 is DM 2.4 not DMB I was checking to see if DM 2.4 was install right.
    Under DMB Version SVN r30 it should say DM Built. Not installing it with IOS236 may be the problem you should try to re-install it with IOS236. If you install it with a outdated cIOS249 it may not work.
    You could also try to re-install DM 2.4 with Wiimod
    If you do a sys check you will see if you have IOS236.
    guide-how-run-post-system-check.html, need-help-post-your-system-check-here.html
    The ModPack.zip from Guide - Softmod any wii has IOS236 and all the updated cIOS you may need. I recommend IOS236, cIOS249 d2x v8, cIOS250 d2x v8.wad install with wiimod. You do not have to install all the wads in the modpack only the ones you need or want to update, put it in a wad folder and install with wiimod. Or ios236-installer and d2x cIOS Installation Guide.
    I will check back tomorrow



    Last edited by candylove; 11-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  9. #1279
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,148
    Thanks
    965
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    psychoplast, I do believe you NEED 236, if I'm not mistaken its one of the essential IOSs.

  10. #1280
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DM 2.4 doesn't work for me either. DM 2.3 is fine though. (Using USB Loader GX 1200)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •