Page 117 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2867

Thread: [GUIDE] - DIOS MIOS v2.10 - Play Gamecube Backups From Your USB HDD

  1. #1161
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Almost Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    emlcombo

    Install DIOS MIOS v2.3.wad with Wad Manager 1.7
    New USB loaders needs updated cIOS, which then loads DM, this is why you should always try dios-mios-booter r30 first because it does not need cios
    update to CFG Loader r48 or wiiflow v4.0.1 r431or USB Loader GX R1200,Replace the boot.dol in your SD or USB /apps/ usbloader_gx with the updated one.( r1200_IOS249)
    Use DMToolbox v0.1a to convert or install your games to a SD/USB device
    You will not see Dios Mios in your apps. Try your USB Loaders from HBC first, you could try from USB Loader channels if you have forwarder.wad channels install.
    USB / games / GBZE08 / game.iso (and DIOS MIOS will load it fine from your USB Loader)
    GC games in "games" folder
    WII games in "wbfs" folder
    Install USB Loader GX -UNEO_Forwarder Channel 5_1_AHBPROT.wad for USB Loader GX channel
    Default-FIX94v14b-forwarder-DWFA.wad for wiiflow channel
    guide-how-run-post-system-check.html
    d2x-cios-installation-guide.html
    You may have to update cIOS249[56] to d2x-v8final) for wiiflow and USB Loader GX
    Does your wii games work?
    Thank you for your reply CandyLove!!!

    Question Answer: Yes I was able to play Wii games just fine. This was with WBFS partition though. I was using WBFS and Neogamma 8x something. I had just finished RE4 (for the first time) and I thought since I was already in the GameCube era that I may as well knock out RE0. Then I started thinking instead of jacking with the two discs why don't I just see if I can load it off of this same hdd. When I came onto the forums is when I saw that in order to play GCM's you had to have a Fat32 32kb cluster format. So I formatted that same drive and have yet to be able to load anything from the new Partition.

    Update: I downloaded and loaded everything you suggested. I started out by replacing the *.dol(s) in the various programs like WiiFlow and WadManager. Getting the Wad Manager up to 1.7, and WiiFlow up to 4.0.2. I also downloaded the Dios Mios BootLoader. I installed the *.wad from the full zip using Wad Manager 1.7 and I still don't have an app to launch from within my HBC as I thought there would be. Maybe I'm still missing something? You have said that I wouldn't see Dios Mios in my apps. So I went back to the NeoGamma and CFGUSB from within the HBC and they still cannot see the partition. NeoGamma is still looking for a WBFS partition. Seems like CFGUSB is able to at least mount the drive but unable to see any of the images I have loaded on the drive, which is only RE0. I have RE0 in a "games" folder and it is currently labled games2.iso. I was reading some of the other posts about a naming convention that the games have to have... but figured I wasn't that close to worry about the naming convention.

    Last but not least I noticed that my Wii is still on 4.1. Do I need to upgrade to 4.3 whatever in order to get these newer mods to work? Just trying to think outside the box. I think there are still some dots or something that I'm not connecting. Any other advice you have is still appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

  2. #1162
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so i'm having trouble with loading times, 10-20 seconds on average. im using dios mios 2.3, usb loader gx r1200, and a 8gb usb stick (it is listed on the general compatibility list as OK) to play gamecube twilight princess. ive tried ripping the game iso as compressed and uncompressed, but neither have any effect on the long loading times.

    this is my first time using dios mios, so i am not sure how to proceed, could it be the settings in usb loader gx or is a thumb drive usb stick too slow to play gc games with?

  3. #1163
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't updated DiosMios yet, am using USB Loader GX 1200, and a 4GB drive. Loads Smash Bros. DX just fine for me...
    (though I still can't get Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 or Sonic Heroes NTSC-J to load... And the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc keeps crashing if I select anything on the main menu.)

  4. #1164
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cwjakesteel View Post
    Sorry you're wrong. They're still there. Just click the logo like it said, then click on "downloads".

    I updated the links to link directly to the download list.
    That (was) the problem. Some of the official Download links ON the code page redirect to uploads on http://uploaded.net
    There's a 1 hour waiting period between downloads, regardless of if the first thing you downloaded was completely downloaded or not.

    This is no longer a problem though as I noticed the code.google page now has a Mirror for Dios Mios 2.3, so people can get that from the mirror, and DiscEX from http://uploaded.net

  5. #1165
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try this yet again....
    Thank you for your reply CandyLove!!!

    Question Answer: Yes I was able to play Wii games just fine. This was with WBFS partition though. I was using WBFS and Neogamma 8x something. I had just finished RE4 (for the first time) and I thought since I was already in the GameCube era that I may as well knock out RE0. Then I started thinking instead of jacking with the two discs why don't I just see if I can load it off of this same hdd. When I came onto the forums is when I saw that in order to play GCM's you had to have a Fat32 32kb cluster format. So I formatted that same drive and have yet to be able to load anything from the new Partition.

    Update: I downloaded and loaded everything you suggested. I started out by replacing the *.dol(s) in the various programs like WiiFlow and WadManager. Getting the Wad Manager up to 1.7, and WiiFlow up to 4.0.2. I also downloaded the Dios Mios BootLoader. I installed the *.wad from the full zip using Wad Manager 1.7 and I still don't have an app to launch from within my HBC as I thought there would be. Maybe I'm still missing something? You have said that I wouldn't see Dios Mios in my apps. So I went back to the NeoGamma and CFGUSB from within the HBC and they still cannot see the partition. NeoGamma is still looking for a WBFS partition. Seems like CFGUSB is able to at least mount the drive but unable to see any of the images I have loaded on the drive, which is only RE0. I have RE0 in a "games" folder and it is currently labled games2.iso. I was reading some of the other posts about a naming convention that the games have to have... but figured I wasn't that close to worry about the naming convention.

    Last but not least I noticed that my Wii is still on 4.1. Do I need to upgrade to 4.3 whatever in order to get these newer mods to work? Just trying to think outside the box. I think there are still some dots or something that I'm not connecting. Any other advice you have is still appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

  6. #1166
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emlcombo View Post
    Try this yet again....
    Thank you for your reply CandyLove!!!

    Question Answer: Yes I was able to play Wii games just fine. This was with WBFS partition though. I was using WBFS and Neogamma 8x something. I had just finished RE4 (for the first time) and I thought since I was already in the GameCube era that I may as well knock out RE0. Then I started thinking instead of jacking with the two discs why don't I just see if I can load it off of this same hdd. When I came onto the forums is when I saw that in order to play GCM's you had to have a Fat32 32kb cluster format. So I formatted that same drive and have yet to be able to load anything from the new Partition.

    Update: I downloaded and loaded everything you suggested. I started out by replacing the *.dol(s) in the various programs like WiiFlow and WadManager. Getting the Wad Manager up to 1.7, and WiiFlow up to 4.0.2. I also downloaded the Dios Mios BootLoader. I installed the *.wad from the full zip using Wad Manager 1.7 and I still don't have an app to launch from within my HBC as I thought there would be. Maybe I'm still missing something? You have said that I wouldn't see Dios Mios in my apps. So I went back to the NeoGamma and CFGUSB from within the HBC and they still cannot see the partition. NeoGamma is still looking for a WBFS partition. Seems like CFGUSB is able to at least mount the drive but unable to see any of the images I have loaded on the drive, which is only RE0. I have RE0 in a "games" folder and it is currently labled games2.iso. I was reading some of the other posts about a naming convention that the games have to have... but figured I wasn't that close to worry about the naming convention.

    Last but not least I noticed that my Wii is still on 4.1. Do I need to upgrade to 4.3 whatever in order to get these newer mods to work? Just trying to think outside the box. I think there are still some dots or something that I'm not connecting. Any other advice you have is still appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
    You do not need to upgrade to 4.3. You may have to update your ios and cIOS.
    guide-how-run-post-system-check.html
    need-help-post-your-system-check-here.html

    You should be able to see dios-mios-booter r30 in your HBC, DIOS-MIOS Booter is a text-only GameCube Booter which can boot games from USB via DIOS-MIOS, You choose USB, if it does not work, the other USB Loaders are not going to work. When you reformat your HDD did you replace all your USB Loaders with new ones in your SD card because the old settings files in the USB Loaders apps could be causing the issues....
    Use DMToolbox v0.1a to convert or install your games to a SD/USB device
    GC games in "games"folder in USB FAT32 HDD ( USB1/games/GAMEID/game.iso)
    WII games in "wbfs" folder in USB FAT32 HDD
    guide-fat32.html
    d2x-cios-installation-guide.html

    After we see your system check, we will know if you have to follow it starting at the spoiler "Softmods with Homebrew Channel installed" or from Chapter 2 to update your ios and cios
    Guide: Softmod ANY Wii
    Last edited by candylove; 10-02-2012 at 03:58 PM.

  7. #1167
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,905
    Thanks
    873
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRambo
    I have finally got my Gamecube Memory card. It is not made by Nintendo, but it has 2X128MB slots, which totals to 4086 Blocks.

    I have been using NMM for the games I have, so I want to quit using NMM because it doesn't work for all games (FIFA Soccer 2002) and 4086 Blocks sound like a lot of space to use. I want to transfer whatever progress I made on NMM to the Gamecube card. I've downloaded GCMM 1.3 and gci2nmm v0.1b but I've no idea what to do.
    Unfortunately I don't know if there is any way convert NMM to GCI (what the real memory cards use for save files), gci2nmm, as far as I know, only converts to NMM and not from.

    Quote Originally Posted by supsup3r
    so i'm having trouble with loading times, 10-20 seconds on average. im using dios mios 2.3, usb loader gx r1200, and a 8gb usb stick (it is listed on the general compatibility list as OK) to play gamecube twilight princess. ive tried ripping the game iso as compressed and uncompressed, but neither have any effect on the long loading times.

    this is my first time using dios mios, so i am not sure how to proceed, could it be the settings in usb loader gx or is a thumb drive usb stick too slow to play gc games with?
    It's normal to experience some loading times. Though I've never timed them 10 seconds seems like a average load time. If you want to see if you can get the ISOs to load faster you can play with the games individual settings a little or try freeing up space on the USB drive (perhaps even reformatting and copying back the data).

  8. #1168
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not sure which solved the problem, its 1 of 2 things i did but i did them at the same time. i copied the original games iso into the folder that discex created, renaming it game.iso, and i deleted the config file for usb loader gx.

    now everything is working flawlessly

  9. #1169
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok I'm getting closer... seems like. CandyLove I ran the system check and I actually do have IOS236 installed. So that worked. I have used the DM Tool Box and am able to see Game Titles listed on the drive. I loaded several of them including Wind Waker (which it seems like everyone was able to get that one to run) and I am able to click on the games. 25% of the time the Wii *almost called it a GC* just shuts off. The other 75% of the time it goes into a black screen. I went 10 pages back to see if anyone else was having this particular Black Screen problem and I didn't see it. I apologize in advanced if this has already been asked here 100 other times. So doing a small bit of research I read that there are 2 different types of Black Screen's. One involving a splash screen and one just black. I think I have the latter. I have Never seen a splash screen so not sure if I've seen it unless they are referring to the game selection screen as the splash screen. When I choose Resident Evil from the list, the screen Flashes Black once or twice, the LED on the back of the HDD flashes a couple of times and then it just sits there. There's no sound, and I've left it running for 10-20 minutes to see if it would ever load up with no results. Was there a fix for this? Or is this a common issue?

  10. #1170
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emlcombo View Post
    I have Never seen a splash screen so not sure if I've seen it unless they are referring to the game selection screen as the splash screen. When I choose Resident Evil from the list, the screen Flashes Black once or twice, the LED on the back of the HDD flashes a couple of times and then it just sits there. There's no sound, and I've left it running for 10-20 minutes to see if it would ever load up with no results. Was there a fix for this? Or is this a common issue?
    Here is Crediar's own FAQ
    "Most applications that format drives automatically set it to 64kb, even if you tell it to do 32kb. A simple double check will make sure it's right."
    I believe if your hard drive is larger than 500GB you have to use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check: right click your disk/change cluster size/current cluster size:
    I use Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced to check my hard drive cluster size and it was 64KB so I change it to 32KB and I did not lose any data and it is very quick. (EASEUS only lets you change your cluster size after wiping your disk,with Acronis and MiniTool it changes the cluster size with no data loss)

    Edit: When you check your cluster size, also check and make your partition active and primary and first (USB1) for DIOS MIOS to work.

    Last edited by candylove; 10-04-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •