PS3Key USB PSGroove Jailbreak
Validate your PS3Key: Validate Here (Enter Serial Number and Verification String on yellow sticker)
Overview : The PS3Key is Team WiiKey's first product in the PS3 market. They decided to release a clone of the PS Jailbreak, a USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3. It will not break your warranty seal and is compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim. Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive. The PS3Key will supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media. THIS DOES NOT WORK ON FIRMWARE 3.42 OR ABOVE UNTIL A NEW EXPLOIT/METHOD IS FOUND!
- PS3 Console (fat or slim)
- Console (firmware) version 3.41 only
- Remove all discs from the drive
- Do not connect any devices to the console via USB
- IMPORTANT: The console must be completely switched off before using PS3Key. For fat versions, use the switch at the rear. For slim versions, simply remove the power cable. This is extremely important for the process to work correctly when you start the console.
- USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
- Does not break your warranty seal.
- Compatible with all PS3 models*, both Fat and Slim.
- Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
- Fully updatable via USB on your PC using an encrypted bootloader
- 32KB onboard flash (most competing products only have 16KB flash)
- Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
- Supports most games and homebrew applications.
- Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
- Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
- Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
- Optionally PS3Key can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS3Key to get full functionality.
* Currently not compatible with 3.42 firmware and up
Quality/Usability : Some are probably saying to themselves "Oh great..another clone to hit the PS3 scene". Yes, that is true but this from a team that has a great track record and been in the video game scene. The name PS3Key kind of gives it away. Want to take a guess? Still cant figure it out? The team behind PS3Key is none other than WiiKey...the same people behind the WiiKey modchip and WiiKey Fusion for the Wii. So you know they won't be leaving us gamers high and dry.
The PS3Key comes in an anti-static bag and on this bag is also a yellow sticker. This sticker is your serial number and verification string. This allows you to verify and validate if the PS3Key that you purchased is authentic. For the verification string, it must be typed as shown. Capital letters must be typed with CAPS and lowercase letters must be lowercase. Failure to do so will give an error message. The team is serious about combating PS3Key clones.
Once the power to your console is completely disconnected:
- Turn on the console (PS3 Fat with the switch, PS3 Slim connecting the power cable)
- Insert PS3Key into a USB port on the PS3.
- Start up the PS3 and press the EJECT button.
- The LED (which should have been red initially) will change to blue.
- If the above process worked, there will be a link to “Install Package File” in the game menu.
Instructions on How to Install Update:
- Run the PS3KeyUpdater.exe application in Windows*.
- Connect PS3Key to your PC in update mode. To do this, simply insert it and remove it a few (3-4) times in until both of the LEDs (both red and blue...looks purplish) light up at the same time.
- Choose "File" and "Open" and then select the update file (i.e. ps3key_v2.upd).
- Click "Update Now" at the top of the screen. This will only be active when the PS3Key is connected to your PC and both the red and blue LEDs are lit.
- That's it! The progress bar will indicate when the update has been applied.
- It is now safe to remove PS3Key from your PC and continue to enjoy using it with the new features!
Conclusion: Overall, the PS3Key USB PSGroove Jailbreak Clone looks very sleek. With Team WiiKey showing their continued support and products on the Nintendo Wii, we will see the same commitment on the PS3. They have demonstrated the capability to create and compile their own codes and are most than likely able to create a new their own version of the backup manager. Those looking to install their own files, I suggest not purchasing the PS3Key as you lose all features and future updates that PS3Key has to offer. Instead, look into purchasing the AVRKey which is also from the PS3Key team but AVRKey lets you install your own files. If you purchased a PS3Key and it did not have a yellow sticker on the anti-static bag, contact the seller you purchased it from and ask for it. If they can not supply it, you more than likely received a clone/fake (PS3Key do not have logo printed on them and caps are thick blue..not thin teal caps).
Also, the image below shows two versions of fakes. These were NOT made by PS3Key nor ever was.