Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Can Someone PLeasE HACK the PS3...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Can Someone PLeasE HACK the PS3...

    We need all the hackers to really get into the PS3. we need to start downloading ps3 games like for wii and the other playstation consoles and do backup games and play them in our usb drives. its the first console that no one has made backup from. its already a long time since ps3 came out and still nothing!!!! and the wii bearly came out and we had the chip for it and the rawdump. it doesnt matter if its expensive to buy a bluray burner but at least hack something for the ps3. i have a ps3 and i really want to backup games.. thanks

  2. #2
    New Member scorchedwynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    well man no one has got got the dev kit until now i just got it you best believe but all these firmware updates are killing though i work on the ps2 scene too so be expecting more of it you can boot backup of a network but they run slow as shit you have to use hello world and have the dev kit im working on installing it straight to ps3 with out no patch or downgrade have boot like a picture and play ps2 games by building pcsx2 for ps3 but the emulator is comeing out for ps2 slim within 3 months supposebley

  3. 1 User Says Thank You scorchedwynd For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks and please keep us informed on how it goes... Also to all the hackers..please help crack the PS3.. Sony thinks that no one is going to hack their ps3 because its to expensive and because of their updates...

  5. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchedwynd View Post
    well man no one has got got the dev kit until now i just got it you best believe but all these firmware updates are killing though i work on the ps2 scene too so be expecting more of it you can boot backup of a network but they run slow as shit you have to use hello world and have the dev kit im working on installing it straight to ps3 with out no patch or downgrade have boot like a picture and play ps2 games by building pcsx2 for ps3 but the emulator is comeing out for ps2 slim within 3 months supposebley

    yea, with all the updates with sony it's going to be hard, I don't see the ps3 being hack until couple of years atleast...

  6. #5
    New Member scorchedwynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    theres a trick you do with the 2 ps2 and ps3 but it runs really slow it you have a media server on your ps2 too {which has to be hack} you can play the game son ps3 its tricky i can give you tut and the software if you want to open code give it a run.pm me for the file ill give you intructions on it the protection id relly hard but a ot like ps2 but it works great for hdd's

  7. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wigan, England
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 101 Times in 86 Posts
    People are fogetting just how good Sony are at Consoles. They have the most successful consoles out to date, and previous to the PS3 have had a lot of experience in their consoles being hacked and chipped.

    They have clearly used this experience to their advantage, and who can blame them? It will be cracked in time.

    I like to keep the PS3 for the hardcore games, with the 360 for things such as Gears of War etc. The Wii is for family fun, and that makes the fact that it can be chipped even better because one HDD can hold loads of family games.

    PS3 will take time, but it will be done.

  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    PS2 took forever to get a easy working hack, PSP had Dark Alex which is not even fair. I seriously doubt the PS3 will be hacked (at least not for a very long time) Sony's learned a lot of lessons from their handheld and are putting them to use. Also to dled PS3 games would be insane that's 25GB-50GB per one game, and I don't believe that many stores sell DL Bluray (I know of only one around me that sells blu-ray and even just DL DVDs).

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    PS2 took forever to get a easy working hack, PSP had Dark Alex which is not even fair. I seriously doubt the PS3 will be hacked (at least not for a very long time) Sony's learned a lot of lessons from their handheld and are putting them to use. Also to dled PS3 games would be insane that's 25GB-50GB per one game, and I don't believe that many stores sell DL Bluray (I know of only one around me that sells blu-ray and even just DL DVDs).
    not to mention the COST of said DL Blu-Ray discs and the RISK of a burning session gone bad! it could easily be more expensive than just buying the Game used from GameStop.

  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wigan, England
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 101 Times in 86 Posts
    The cost of the Blu-Ray burner alone would out-weigh the benefits of a hacked PS3. 50MB Internet is availible through Virgin Media and that would essentially be a pre-requisite to download Dual Layer Blu-Ray image files in a reasonable amount of time.

    What baffles me beyond all comprehension is that people are actively looking for the PS3 to be hacked so that they can play PS2 backups. The cost of a PS2 is less than the cost of a PS3 game if you shop around, and Swap Disk for the PS2 is also nice and cheap. Then it is a case of mere pennies per backup.

    Hacking the PS3 would be an enormous feat in its own right, but isn't worth it at the end of the day. Of course, with the built in 120GB and 250GB HDDs it would be worthwhile if someone could get the PS3 to load image files that way, but again it would require an immense amount of bandwidth just to download a backup.

    The only real ideal solution is to hack the PS3 to use the HDD (built in or stand alone) and RIP the games from the Blu-Ray direct to the HDD. But this process would take an age to rip the entire game, and since you would have had to buy (or rent) the game in the first place, riping it just diesn't seem worth it.

  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edgsoccer View Post
    We need all the hackers to really get into the PS3. we need to start downloading ps3 games like for wii and the other playstation consoles and do backup games and play them in our usb drives. its the first console that no one has made backup from. its already a long time since ps3 came out and still nothing!!!! and the wii bearly came out and we had the chip for it and the rawdump. it doesnt matter if its expensive to buy a bluray burner but at least hack something for the ps3. i have a ps3 and i really want to backup games.. thanks
    if you can't wait then why don't you try to hack it then? hacking isn't easy and I don't see the ps3 being back atleast two years at best...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •