Admin / Super Mod
Install guide for ps jailbreak
• 3.41 firmware must be installed on the console *Please Note: If you want to increase the size of your internal hard drive make sure to do it before upgrading to 3.41
• Download Backup Manager and copy it to any external USB storage device formatted with FAT32.
1. The console MUST be fully OFF (NOT in STANDBY mode) before connecting the USB PS Jailbreak. Depending on the console version you MUST:
PlayStation 3 *.- FAT. Just turn off the console from the rear switch.
PlayStation 3 *.- SLIM. It is essential to disconnect the power cord from the back of the console.
Connect PS Jailbreak to any USB port on the console, taking care not to have anything else connected by USB.
2. Press the POWER button on the console and then pressed the EJECT button. You will see the two LEDs on the PS Jailbreak illuminate while powering ON the console (10 seconds), then one of several things can happen:
- The Green LED is lit. This means that the PS Jailbreak is working properly.
- The Red LED is lit. This means that the PS has not loaded correctly Jailbreak. Usually this happens when not properly pressed Power sequence and then Eject.
- If the end result is the bright Red LED, we repeat the process from the beginning with the precaution of disconnecting the power cord from the back of the PlayStation 3 Slim or cut the current from the switch at the back of the PlayStation 3 Fat.
3. Once PS Jailbreak the device is loaded correctly, connect the USB external storage device with the Backup Manager to the console.
4. Go to the GAME menu and then to the option “Install Package Files”, select Backup Manager.
5. Once install is completed at the end of the Games menu “Backup Application Manager” will appear. Select it and run.
6. Once implemented, navigate to the console the game we want to backup. If we make a backup on the external USB device(Max. 4Gb game), press the button O. You can select the destination of backup, and you can select from the USB external storage device or even the internal Hard Drive of the console.
7. To load previously created backup game simply insert any PS3 game disc (you can use the same game) and from the Backup Manager menu select the desired backup and press the X button. You can also delete backup by pressing Triangle.
The reason to have a game inserted in the drive of the console is simply to emulate the loading process.
8. After selecting the backup you want press the X button, automatically returning to the main menu of the console and finally loading the game, just scroll up once to see the desired game loaded. Then select and start, we can play our backup!
* Official PS JailBreak Easy Start-Up Instructions:
1. Download Backup Manager and copy onto any standard FAT32 formatted USB flash drive
2. Power off your console (For Fat model you can flick power switch in the back. For slim you must unplug power cable and re-plug out of back of console).
3. Insert PS Jailbreak into your consoles USB port (you should have nothing else plugged in)
4. Press power button on console, release power button and then immediately press the eject button (You will then see two lights while the console loads. If the light turns green then that means PS Jailbreak is working,if it turns red then that means you did not press power/eject in a quick enough sequence. If you see red light please un-plug your console from the wall and begin step 4 over again).
5. Insert USB key with backup manager downloaded on it.
6. On main system menu go to “Game”, then “Install Package Files”, and click to install Backup Manager.
7. Scroll down game menu and you will see Backup Manager application, please click on it
8. Insert your licensed game that you would like to backup into the drive, if you wish to backup to an external hard drive please insert it now. Click O button to backup game. You will be asked if you would like to backup to external hard drive (by clicking no it will ask you to backup to internal hard drive).
9. To load a backup game please insert any game into the drive (You can have any real PS3 game in the drive, but you must leave 1 game in the drive to access your 100′s of backups. This ensures reliability in the game loading process). Now choose the game you would like to load with Backup Manager highlighted. Scroll up 1 and you will see the chosen game that you have loaded from Backup Manager.
Click on it, an enjoy your games!
Last edited by ModderMan; 10-27-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin
6 Users Say Thank You to ModderMan For This Useful Post
this awesome. but is 6. did i read correctly that there was a 4gb game limit?
This is awesome!!
:\ too bad my ps3 updated on its own a while back to 3.50. ugh.. (yes i know, there's a way to turn that off, but it was giving my roomate a hard time and wouldn't let her do ANYTHING
hey guys i need some help and fast. i brought the psjailbreak from online and did everything in the preceding tutorial down to a tee, i followed it word for word. i have successfully backed up the game, in this instance prince of Persia the forgotten sands. I then got to the backup manager and press x on the game i have just backed up and i am then taken to the home screen as mentioned above. This is where the problem occurs, I then go to the game menu scroll down and select the game i just backed up, at first it seems like it is starting the game up, however all i get is a black screen. Can anyone tell me what i might or am doing wrong. I am on versrion 3.41 on my ps3, i followed the tutorial above without any mistakes, but the game just wont load, all i get is a black screen.
Just erase your game data or any saved game data. It should work
Originally Posted by desiplaya130
Mine loads fine, get the right lights, get to install the backup manager, but when I press the O nothing happens, no matter what game I try.