giantpune has released Casper version 0.3. Casper is a program written for the Wii. This program was created to load bootmii from an SD card. Now you can run those fun MINI programs on your little sister's Wii even if your mom doesn't want you to hack away on it.
1. To use it, you'll want to grab the executable from bootmii-IOS (or write your own) and save it as "SD:/bootmii_ios.bin".
2. You'll need a squeaky clean copy of one of several IOSes. Casper should work for you if your console was updated to 4.2 or 4.3 by some official means.
3. Use one of the many different methods available to start the casper.elf and cross your fingers.
4. If it kicks you back to the system menu, then it didn't like something about your Wii.
5. If it crashes; woops, my bad.
6. If you've already been hacking away at your wii and you just want to see casper work, you should be good to go by making sure you have a clean IOS53 v5663
7. Even though it is reading the data from the SD card, casper DOES write something to the NAND. Under normal circumstances, the file it writes will be deleted next time you boot the console. And the deleted data will be overwritten as games create save data and stuff like this.
Download Casper v0.3
added suport for newer IOS present in cheap-o wiis
a few changes suggested by tueidj
accept parameters via argv. supported are:
"--iosV=" specify ios version. 8-bit dec number is allowed.
"--iosR=" pass an ios revision to set for loaded module. 16-bit dec or hex with the prefix "0x" is allowed
"--app=" specify a file to be read from the SD card. it should start with "sd:/".
"--geckoChannel=" load from USB gecko flash. this is the gecko slot to use: 0 or 1.
"--geckoOffset=" offset in the usb gecko flash to read the binary. format is the same as the twilight hack a u32 is read from that offset which is the size, and the rest of the data follows. 32-bit numbers in dec, or hex with a 0x prefix are allowed.
If loading the SD path fails, then try to load from USB gecko flash at 0x20000 in slot 1 then slot 0
default to passing IOS 254 v0xff01 to module so if it loading is ceilingcat, it will skip the autoboot