Bricked or Hardware Fault
- I've had my Wii (PAL) since late 2006
- it has had a WiiKey in it for many years now.
- I installed Bootmii about 6 months ago - seems to work
What I've Tried
- I've had been getting numerous crashes + repeated sound while playing games (potentially graphical glitches too, can't honestly remember), finally yesterday it locked up and now I have a black screen
- I can turn on the wii from a wiimote
- With the SD Card not inserted I get 2 quick flashes from the DVD drive suggesting BootMii works (the flashes don't occur with the bootmii sd card inserted)
- My wiimote doesn't seem to connect to wii on boot (eg lights stay flashing) meaning I could be stuck on the push A screen
I was leaning towards a hardware fault, perhaps graphics card fried but the fact it doesn't boot into system menu (eg doesn't sync with controllers and play sound in background) makes me wonder if something else has gone wrong.
Does anyone have any other ideas I can try? I'm wondering if I'm stuck until the Wii U comes out