Wii Remote Explodes and Parents Take Responsibility
This holiday season we bring you a special warning: make sure you read the warnings of your kids toys; failure to do so could make cost them a limb. That is the lesson that a family in Belleville, Michigan almost learned the hard way.
According to the manual that comes with the Nintendo Wii, consumers are instructed to NOT use Lithium Ion batteries in their Wii Remotes; but there are no explanations as to what can happen by using the wrong batteries, especially alkaline batteries. When the Fuson family came home one night to find their entire living room filled with smoke, they were surprised to find the source was a Wii Remote which had exploded with devastating damages to their children’s Disney Princess table had been sitting on.
“I feel responsible as a mom. I need to tell other parents that during Christmas, we need to be reading all the manuals for every toy and make sure that we fully understand what we’re putting in our children’s hands because the consequences could be deadly,”
Nintendo has offered to replace Fuson’s damaged equipment at a discounted price even though the Fuson’s claim responsibility for what happened. My kids actually own one of those Princess tables and let me tell you, those things are tough; if some one was playing with that Wii Remote when it exploded they would have easily lost their entire hand. So heed this warning fellow gamers, read warning labels.