You need to use the pack for your wii's region.
Thanks mauifrog for this guide.
A few questions:
In late December I followed this guide to softmod and chose not to do the optional downgrade to 4.1 or the Wii Shop Channel update. I finally got ready to install my USB HDD and came back here and discovered this guide had changed and 4.1 dg is now recommended, among other things.
1) It looks like the best thing for me to do is start with Part two, installing all the packs. Correct?
2) What is the Wii Shop channel update for?
3) As someone asked, there is an optional update of IOS, and it states 4.3s do not need this, but this is the guide for 4.3, so I'm confused as the other guy was.
4) I already have priiloader installed, per the older guide. Do I not need to bother changing this, should I attempt to reinstall it, or just check that it has the recommended update flags toggled? (I remember turning off online updates and disc updates, but don't remember the other 2 recommendations)
5) If I install everything per this guide, do I have all the Cios needed to run CFGUSB and WiiGameMgr?
Sorry for so many questions.
Hi got a wii old ish 1 (rvl-oo1) did this mod a month or so back. disc Backups worked on it for a bit then stoped working and geting dvd read error 1167. just done this softmod again and all went as it should without any errors and went from 4.2e to 4.1e but still geting error 1167 if u can help will be great. thanks