Alright guys, so I'm having problems with two steps right now and spent 4 hours yesterday and 3 hours today trying to work it out (and search the internet for answers).
My first problem is that I can't get the regionupdate/downgrade working effectively. I tried both ways provided. Also, priiloader is only showing an error message and not installing - and it's not the acceptable error that occurs once it has downloaded. It claims there is something wrong involving an iso60 (or so I believe). It says it's not installed, but when I check to see which ISOs have been installed ... it is very much there.
My second problem is that DarkCorp wont seem to download. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but playing games off disks (and eventually a hard drive when I can afford one) were my reasons for soft-modding my Wii.
Lastly, when I go to install the "AnyWiiAppPack" it simply wont download onto my computer and I'm now having issues getting the Homebrew Browser back up and functional.
Any help would be oh so much appreciated!
Originally Posted by MiniCakes
Did the 4.3 guide and what happens now is, when i turn the wii on the green light comes on but does not boot straight up , it takes about 1min to boot on the screen .... plz is there any way to sort this .... thanx :dft005:
Done and done. Can I get help now plz?
Originally Posted by desperado836
Originally Posted by MiniCakes
- May I ask why you are wanting to region change your Wii? It isn't needed your 99% of the people following this guide. Don't do it just because it is in the guide. If you bought your Wii in the US then don't change the region.
- Try to reinstall Priiloader so you can be a little more specific about the error.
- DARKCORP is not needed to run games from the disk channel. You can always use Neogamma and besides the link works just fine for me. If you want to install it then try to download it again. Also if you Wii is a newer one then you can't play backup games from DVD anyway. If your Wii is a year or newer then your only option would be to use a USB hard drive.
mauifrog. As inexperienced as I am to this, I followed the guide step by step as ordered and was successful. Since, time spent reading and stumbling through issues. Everything seems fine and I added an external HD last night. I loaded a test game, the Indiana Jones we used in modding and would now like to delete it but can't. I press - when the cfg.usb loader comes up and it goes to "start game".
How do I get to a screen to delete this from the USB HDD
Press - while hovering over the game. If you select it you can't press -.
Originally Posted by Bamsen723
You need to enable it in the config.txt in Cfg as that option is disabeld in this guide.
I have my brother in-laws Wii here. It is on 4.2u using the V2 Ultimate Wii 4.2 Softmod Guide from another site. It worked fine untill his son did a game update for DJ Hero 2 and now the usb loader wont work. How do I fix this? Thanks for the help in advance.
1. I was under the impression that changing the region would downgrade my Wii... well,
Originally Posted by Krafter
here's my reasoning: My Wii is old - before 3 days ago it was only updated to 3.4, so
finding a reliable softmod guide for 3.4 was quite difficult. I decided to update it, but
then I heard a rumor from a few sources basically saying the Nintendo issued out
some sort of patch that affected the ISOs. That's why I was trying to change the
region because I thought it was how you were able to downgrade it... sort of.
2. I will either do that tonight or tomorrow (when I can make time), I have a lot of
errands to run today. I'll make it a point to not draw this out, so expect feedback
3. Auh. Good to know that DarkCorp isn't my only option! Where might I find
Neogamma? Would it be on the Homebrew Browser channel?
Thank you for time (and patients)! <3