It's me again Charlze.
I just wanna share my experience in softmodding wii's. I don't know if this solution had been said before but anyway I just want to share it and might help someone out there.
This was my 4th time to softmod a black 4.3u wii (4th game console too) , I had followed this guide to the T and had no problems whatsoever until I launched the different usb loaders. Config USB loader is my favorite.
This was my procedure.
1. I turned off the wii after softmodding.
2. Plugged External HDD (to the USB port closest to the edge)
Note: WD Passport Essential 500GB - working on our 3 softmodded wii.
Simpletech 40GB - working on our 3 softmodded wii.
3. Turned on the wii, launched Config USB
Error: cannot mount device
I tried some loaders and the wii cannot detect the usb drive. This happened to both of the USB HDD that I have.
1. I turned off the Wii.
2. I removed the USB HDD.
3. I turned on the WII.
4. I launched the Config USB loader, and waiting for the mounting device screen to appear (that is when the config usb loader is showing RETRYING ..
5. I plugged in the USB hard disk and then the wii was able to mount my device and I was able to play the games that were on my USB. I hope this can help someone out there who will encounter this problem.