Ok, maybe I'm missing something here.
Originally Posted by mauifrog
What I did:
- I downloaded iso tools and Wii Mod v3.0
- Opened MakeKeyBin.exe and made the key.bin and kkey.bin (I don't understand what to do with this? And I just need to type the value "42"?)
- Opened WiiScrubber.exe and loaded UUDv4.iso
- Right clicked main.dol in the DATA partition, clicked replace, browsed to the boot.dol of Wii Mod v3.0
- This gave an error "Unable to find free space to add the file"
- So I resized the partition to the max value (I don't think I'm supposed to do that)
- Now I was able to replace the main.dol file.
I burned this to a disc.
This disc keeps spinning with the 4.1(EUR) text still on display.
You really should not be having this trouble booting the disc. The wii is not even trying to load them, since the 4.1e stays on the screen. Wad manager is not the most useful tool, and you have already done what you can do with it. Are your wiimotes working? Powering on the wii?
Don't you think I made a mistake in the iso making process? I think I'm not supposed to change the size of the partition. Is there an other way to replace the file?
What do I need to do with the key and the kkey file?
About the wiimote. The one that I have here is used on an other wii. So they are not in sync anymore.
Take a retail game iso and patch it to automotive with bootme. Boot a game and see if your wiimotes sync. That disc you made, you did it just right it sounds.
Just came around to testing this.
Still no succes :(
I used the game "Wii.Party.PAL.WII-iCON.iso"
I patched it with BootMe to Autoboot.
And burned it at 4x.
When I boot the Wii normally with this disc it stops spinning.
When I boot the Wii using SaveMiiFrii the disc keeps spinning and gives a black screen.
Disc just spins, it isn't reading data since the laser isn't moving.
Thanks for the help.
But I think it is time for me to order a new motherboard.
Or do you have any more suggestions?
OK, try to replace the bt module
An update to this thread.
The Wii is back up and running!
I ordered a Motherboard and a BT module.
Seems it was only the BT module that was defective like you said! :)
I now payed €50 for a motherboard that I cannot use :rolleyes:
Maybe it will find it's use in the future.
Thank you so much for your help!!