Problem: Wii Remote Plus combined with Homebrew Apps not working.
How do I get my new controllers to work with homebrew?
- Each homebrew application has to be recompiled with the latest libogc SVN to work with the revised Wii Motion Plus controllers.
- Popular Wii homebrew applications updated to be compatible.
Why Isn't My Wii Remote Plus Working?
- Read this
What Types ARE NOT Compatible with DATED Homebrew?
- Any Official Nintendo WM+ controllers purchased around late November 2011 and on could be incompatible.
- Third Party Wii Remotes.
What Types ARE?
- Regular Wii controllers without motion plus built in.
- Wii Motion Plus controllers purchased before November 2011.
How Can I Identify these New Wii Plus Controllers?
- The most accurate way to identify the new controller is by connecting it to a computer.
- An old Wii-mote Plus will read as an RVL-CNT-01 when connected.
- The new non-homebrew working one will read as an RVL-CNT-01-TR.
- Another way is to look at the code in the battery compartment.
- Look for a code that says LMB-RVL-WR/ (or something very similar) in small lettering.
- If it's followed by Z-C4, Z-C6, C-C4, or C-C6 it will not work with homebrew.
- If none of this applies to your controller, then it will work with all types of homebrew.
- There's currently no way to identify these controllers by looking at the box.
- Old/New Wiis and updates do not matter, the remote will not work with any of them.
- The new revision applies to all Europe, US, and Japan remotes.
- Certain bundles hold compatible Wii controllers.