Jailbreak iOS 5/5.0.1 Using Ac1dSn0w
Ac1dsn0w is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1. This means that you will need to connect your iDevice to a computer with Ac1dsn0w installed to boot tethered when you want to turn the device back on after completely powering it down. Along with Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze, Ac1dsn0w does the exact same things except that it has a different looking interface. Redsn0w has the most features out of all of the three tools. Sn0wbreeze has a prettier graphical user interface, and Ac1dSn0w is an alternative to the two. Ac1dSn0w is currently only available to Mac, it will soon be ready for Windows users as well.
This jailbreak tool only works with:
iPod Touch 4G
NOTE: This is still at Beta 2 so I still recommend using Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze.
1. Download Ac1dSn0w from HERE(Mac Only)
2. Now launch Ac1dSn0w and you'll see this screen
The "Show Console" button shows the device's info like model, baseband, firmware, etc.
3. Connect your device and turn it off
4. Click ‘Show Assistant’ and follow the onscreen instructions to enter DFU Mode.
5. When in DFU Mode just hit the ‘Jailbreak’ Button and wait until it’s done (the device will reboot).
6. Put your device again into DFU Mode (Step 5) and hit the ‘Tethered Boot’ Button.
This in the future will have two more features Custom Firmware Creation and iRecovery Remote.