System Files Corrupted! Homebrew works but no WiFi!
So after a month or so of non-use I flipped my wii on last weekend to play the new skyward sword release. The Health/Safety screen showed up and hitting A would boot to the menu but it would almost immediately go to a black screen and say "System Files are Corrupt".
Here's what I did from there:
- Booted into Maintenance Mode. Everything worked fine game could be played.
- Tried to do an update. I was on 4.3U so didn't work.
- Formatted the Wii
- Did an update to 4.3U from the update on the zelda disc.
- Called Nintendo Support and was told $85 to repair.
After this hitting A on the Health/Safety screen immediately sends it to the Sys Files corrupt screen. Anytime I try to do an internet test after setting up my WiFi settings I get Error#101246. I am unable to turn off WiiConnect24 from maintenance mode.
- Followed instructions to soft mod 4.3U - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
- Followed every step except the region change.
Everything for the softmod works fine except I cannot access the WiFi through the homebrew channel. If I try to boot into the System Menu (4.1U) I still get the same sys. files corrupt message.
I would like if I could get the system menu working again but I really want the WiFi to work if nothing else.
What can I do to fix the WiFi?