Ctr-Gcs : DacoTaco Edition
Ctr-Gcs : DacoTaco Edition is a tool built to create or restore full, raw memory card backups and GCI save files just like the GC application Ctr-gcs did. These dumps can be saved to restore later or be used in emulators like Dolphin-emu. Unlike ctr-gcs however, this utility can read or write to unofficial memory cards; no matter what its size is.
The program will read & write the dump to the SD card (in the ctr-gcs folder) as card_dump.raw
Also please note that if you restore a corrupt dump to a memory card, or if the program shows an error while creating or restoring a dump, you may end up with a corrupted memory card.
* Fix CARD_Create error -6 (failure to create cause previous delete didn't free the allocations correctly) on GCI restore
* Do another attempt to get nintendo cards working flawless (no need for GC game or SM to unlock card)
* Make code nicer to look at
How to use official nintendo memory cards
Due to an issue with DSP & libogc ; libogc is unable to unlock the official memory cards in wii mode. because of this; the memory card needs to be unlocked from system menu first. To do this; you have to follow the following steps:
* Start System menu, and unplug the memory card. wait 1 second and then plug it back in the wii
* Go to the settings menu in system menu
* Go to the Data management menu; followed by the save menu
* Go to the Gamecube menu and look at the card you wish to use (slot A or B, tested in slot A)
* hit the back button untill you are back at the main menu (channel selection) and start Homebrew channel
* boot ctr-gcs : DacoTaco edition and proceed like normal