Troubles with soft-mod update/usbloader gx
Good day, gurus!
Much frustration got me to this point.
I've been trying to play de Blob 2 on USBloaderGX, and it wouldn't go, so I tried to update the USBloaderGX app through the GUI itself. It connected and d/l'ed fine, while installing, crashed with a -1022 error. I rinsed and repeated 2 more times with similar results.
so I decided perhaps it was time for a soft-mod update knowing that through this process I'd probably get IOS updates and perhaps force a new version of USBloaderGX.
Here's where I'm at:
1) I d/l'ed and did the tutorial you guys have HERE.
when I tried to install the usbloader gx channel through WADmanager, the channel installs on my wii system menu just fine, but when you "start" the channel, it goes to black screen of freeze-doom. So, undeterred, I tried to install it as an app through homebrew, and in that case, I get a error ret = -1022 (again? interesting) and then it kicks me out. I've tried to research the error # a little, but there was some confusion on my part. I figured just asking you experts was best for clarity's sake.
2) After doing the soft mod, it seems like every boot-up goes to the priloader, and I have to press reset to get to the wii sys menu. I went into settings (held reset and power on) and it looked like it was all set to go directly to wii sys menu on boot-up -- but it doesn't. I always need to reset after a boot now. Why this glitch all of a sudden?
3) should I be on anything newer than menu 4.1U?
4) I can run deBlob 2 on the Waninkoko?sp backup loader (just switch source to usb) and it works just fine. So I wonder why (when I had it functional) USBloader gx didn't run it?
... I guess I should work on making USBloader install correctly 1st, but this initial question still haunts me. Perhaps I need to stick with scrubbed games?
5) What USBloader version should I use? Is USBloaderGX buggy? It was so stable for me for all this time, and updated itself without glitches until recently with this 1022 error. Now I fear my wii is all buggered and I panic. :012:
any help would be GREATLY received and appreciated. I'm not a noob in the true sense of the word to all this, but I'm not exactly experienced either. Please wear kid-gloves with me.
Hope everyone's chillin' Friday night! woot!