Will this method also work on a chipped wii that has been updated to 4.3u?
So far.... I've installed HackMii installer and HBC and BootMii to IOS using Smash Stack. I've backed up my nand files (which had 2 bad blocks). I reformat my SD card on my Mac to a clean FAT32 drive. I don't have access to a Windows machine. Then I plug the clean SD card back into the Wii and try to launch BootMii again. The tv goes black and the wii disc drive flashes blue indefinitely. It was suggested to restart the wii, reinstall BootMii and then launch Bootmii but I don't know how to re-access the Hackmii Installer without redo-ing the first two steps, which I think would alter the process of things?
Any help is appreciated!
If I am to start this process of modding my wii and I come across an error or a problem, am I able to get out of it if there is no solution from someone here? Meaning will it be bricked if I cannot fix that error and I can't play the wii virgin?
I really want to mod my wii, just want to know the chances of something bricking using this guide.
Step by step then:
- those 2 bad blocks are fine; up to 10% of the NAND can be bad without a problem-that would be up to 80 bad blocks tolerated.
- On your reformat of the SD card, did you do a full format rather than a quick format? A full format will remove the previous files rather than just relabel the volume.
- When you powerup the Wii, do you see the Homebrew Channel? If not, then redo the install HBC and bootmii steps-you exited too soon-read the tutorial more carefully, please.
- If you see the HBC, then let's make sure your downloaded and installed the modpack alright. You should extract the modpack to the ROOT directory of that SD card. Make sure and run the checksums step.
- From the HBC, press the Home button and load bootmii...continue tutorial.
I did a full reformat of my SD card, erasing all previous data. I still have HBC installed on my wii. I'm running off of Mac so I can't do the checksums with the .exe file. Am I okay to proceed with the guide without running the checksums or will I risk bricking my wii?
I have completed all the steps up through Press HOME, launch Bootmii.
Then, somehow the wiimote lost it's sync and I cannot continue any further. What should I do? It is on the BootMii screen that has the 4 icons, Wii, the homebrew channel, picture of an SD card, and picture of gears.