Just about everthing else, and then some xD
i hit 10,000 characters in my last post *mostly from coding* so insteed of deleteing posts, and makign this post 2, unless people dont mind if i do that, then ill just merge the 2 threads and make this post 2
there are some more things ive notice, need to be said more often than i feel are needed, and so im gonna adress them here, and somethings might get repeated but then again, it couldnt hurt saying it twice
table of contents
- Various homebrew programs
- How to get Apps installed on a SD card, made simple.
- Coming Soon
Various homebrew programs
for whatever reason, i didnt think that buying a wii with a language i couldnt read, and dont care to figure out, is there a way to change the region?
- Yes, anyregion changer, allows you to change it, if you dont read the readme you could brick, so read it, and follow the prompts, and you should be fine
i have a game, that requires a update that im worried, about it because it says it can brick my wii?! is that true?
- nope, nintendo doesnt appear to know how, provided there is even a firmware edit, that will stop mod chips, since they change the drives around, so dont worry, it might kill homebrew one day, but they dont have the right to remove your power to play or use it.
well, i want to play games without updating, how do i get around that?!
- Starfall, which i recomend the most for anyone whom doesnt have a modchip that can block firmware, starfall, edits your system menu, making it easier to fix bricks, and can block updates, along with other fun features. if you have 3.3+ and you dont want to downgrade, just boot in gecko OS, if it doesnt load, it should give you a error, if you get error 002, you need a IOS, to play.
some games, give black screen in the disc channel, and gecko OS wont boot them, or error's what does that mean?
- its either a bad burn, bad ISO, or and in most cases youre missing something required to play, search around, you will never be the first, and you wont be the last whom has this issue. if you know what youre looking for, its a lot easier, just remember when searching minimal words the better. and just because you dont find it the first link, doesnt mean none of them will help you!
for whatever reason, i want to get my gamesave off my wii, but the wii wont let me why and how do i get it?!
- save extractor, get it off the wii, and save installer, puts it back on, they dont let you, because if it has a friend code, its often problematic, and has been known to brick wiis who go online with it, and didnt make it.
for whatever reason, i have issues getting apps to work in homebrew channel, or i dont have a place to put my SD card, to get new programs, any ideas?
- i would recomend homebrew browser, which downloads, and puts the files in the right place, along with keeping semi/close to up to date. you just need wifi to use it.
you said earlier, that i needed a "IOS" but i installed some, is there a way to see them, or remove them?
i want to hack my games, but its all so confusing, anyway to make this easy, or can it be done?!
- well, you cant for gamecube with homebrew channel, but heres a guide, if you cant get it working, then you should just walk away, it couldnt be easier.
ok ok, i for whatever reason, installed a "bad" firmware, why is it "bad" and can i fix this?!
- im not gonna waste time telling you why their bad, but if just about every site says it, does it really matter.... use this, most people get it, and its always best to go with what ever has the least problems!
how to put apps on a SD card, made easy
since many many many people, dont seem to understand this, ill make it as easy as i can.
first off, if you install Beta 9+ you can only use .Dol files, if you have any .Elf's use this.
SD Card Root (anything that looks like the apps, should be folders you see when u first open the SD card)
-apps (you make it to put programs in)
|____ program name (name it something youll remember)
|______ boot.dol (and any other needed files, you for the most part only need that to use a program)
-cheats (the folder, code manager, makes to put your codes in, gecko OS, and ocarina, use this folder to load cheats)
|___ .GCT (just drag and drop files, that you want to use to cheat)
-wad (you have to make it, but its only used, when you install wad manager)
|___ .wad files (this is where you put .wad files, you plan on using for wad manager)
-Private (the folder the wii makes, when you put a game save on it)
|__________ game code (each game is respersented by a game id, RF7J = Tatsunoko vs capcom, so on and so forth, youll figure it out dont worry)
-WIISAVES (only appears, when you use save extractor)
|_ GAME ID (youll see the save in a folder, based off its game ID animal crossing NTSC/U =RUUE)
i hope that diagram helps, anyone whom doesnt understand it, i made it simple for all of the more commonly used ones
as of now, theres nothing else really commonly asked, so ill leave it open for later edits, if you think there should be something, just post or pm me!
i would also like to thank Wiibrew.org, for the links, and the various programmers, whom made the programs we use to make the wii the most fun it can be!