GC2-DMS can't read dvd's?
I recently bought a wii for christmas and I softmodded it about a month ago. I read that the newer wii's cannot read DVD's because mainly of the infamous d3-2 drive. I wanted to see if my wii was unfortunately a victim to this d3-2 chipset. I went to wiidrives.com and entered in my serial number. I recieved a 50% chance that it is a GC2-DMS, 25% chance that it is a GC2-D4, and 25% chance that it is a GC2-D3-2(V2). I assume that it is a DMS and I tried playing a backup disk through Neogamma, but im getting the 1167 error (which is usually the error for bad media or unable to read).
I guess my main question is, can a GC2-DMS read dvd's like older wii's or is the chipset as bad as the D3-2