Custom IOSx Rev 21 Installation Guide
[SPOILER="Changelog"][ CIOSx Rev 21 ]
- Added support for IOS58.
- Added support for IOS58 EHCI module (more compatibility).
- NAND emulator fixed (most stuff should work now).
- Many fixes and improvements.
[/SPOILER][SPOILER="FAQ - Read This First"]
Installs cIOSx rev21. Any previous versions will be overwritten. A working internet connection or the correct base wad on the SD card are required
Offline Users - The Pack includes the needed base wads for offline installation. System menu IOS are not included as installing a cIOS with a base of IOS60, 70 or 80 is not needed.
- SD Card formatted to FAT32
- The Homebrew Channel
- A Fakesigned IOS to install with (IOS36, 236, 249, 250)
Included IOS and Base IOS Features
- IOS36 - Untested
- IOS37 - Used for Instruments and Music Games
- IOS38 - Same as previous revisions. Stable, works with Triiforce.
- IOS53 - Untested
- IOS55 - Untested
- IOS56 - Slightly Faster USB Loading. Works for most Games.
- IOS57 - Slightly Faster USB Loading. Works for most Games.
- IOS58 - Unknown
Recommended IOS Base and Slot
Option 1 - Triiforce & Mighty Channels Users (If using Triiforce update to mighty channels).
- IOS249 - Base IOS38
- IOS250 - Base IOS57
Option 2 - Incompatiable with Triiforce & Mighty Channels
- IOS249 - Base IOS56
- IOS250 - Base IOS57
IOS slots supported by recent loaders
Neogamma: Only supports cIOS slot 249.
USB Loader GX: 249, 250, 222, 223
CFG USB Loader: 247, 248 ,249 ,250 ,222 ,223 ,224
Using wad managers with cIOSx Rev 19 +
When using cIOSx Rev 19 + (installed using a base other then 38) with wad manager you will need to use wad manager v1.7 or Multi-Mod Manager.
Alternatively you can install cIOS236 and use that (or use your patched IOS36) with older versions of wad manager. [/SPOILER][SPOILER="Installation"]Online Install - Download This
Offline Install - Download This
Extract to SD:/
PLEASE NOTE: This guide will show you the process for installation using the IOS 249 slot installed with a base of IOS56 as an example. You can choose any Base IOS and IOS slot you want. Just repeat or alter the process as needed. For recommendations on what Base IOS you should use see the FAQ section above.
1. Start HBC - Load cIOSx rev 21 Installer
2. Select IOS 36 or IOS236 as the IOS to use during installation (Or IOS249 if you have it).
3. Read the Disclaimer - Press A If you agree
4. "Select Base IOS Version" < IOS56 > - Press A
5. "Select Custom IOS Installation Slot" Choose < IOS249 > - Press A
6. "Select Custom IOS Installation Mode" Choose Wad Install or Network Install - Press A
7. If you selected Wad Install - "Select Source Device" Choose Wii SD Slot - Press A - Wait
8. Installing please wait.....SUCCESS - Press Any Button to Continue - Press B to EXIT
[SPOILER="Credits"]Waninkoko - cIOSx rev 21 Installer
Cile - cIOS and mIOS Wad Guide & Info