VICE C64 v1.0.2
TimRex releases a new version of VICE (Versatile Commodore Emulator), a Commodore 64, PLUS4 and VIC20 emulator for the PS3 jailbreaking community based on based on Vice 2.2.7.
* Full-speed emulation
* Audio enabled (FastSID)
* Fullscreen support, 16:9, 4:3
* Video filters, with preview
* Warp Mode (Achieves ~ 350-700% actual speed)
* On-Screen Keyboard (partial support).
* Keyboard Support (partially implemented).
* Supports all known (uncompressed) formats (.d64 .d71 .d80 .d81 .d82 .g64 .g41 .x64 .t64 .tap .prg .p00)
* Support for C128
* On-Screen Keyboard fixed
* Initial support for ReSID emulation (higher quality audio)
* ReSID emulation optimised to use AltiVec instruction set, yielding a significant performance boost against higher quality audio emulation in resampling mode (see changelog)
* Default ReSID quality now set to maximum (Resampling at 90% Band Pass)
* Fixed minor redraw bug that caused the screen buffer to flip back to settings screen after a redraw/blit timeout
* Added PIC1.PNG
* Support to insert a disk image without rebooting (TRIANGLE)
* Added compatibility SlowLoad mode (SQUARE). This will disable FastLoad and enable True Drive Emulation (TDE) for those titles that require it for improved compatibility
* Mapped RUN/STOP key to L3
* Mapped right control-stick to cursor keys (up/down/left/right)
* Fixed F1/F3/F5/F7 key mapping to controller L1/L2/R1/R2
* Finally... Disabling audio emulation altogether during warp mode has increased CPU throughput to 1749%. That ought to help any long load times.
* Optimised audio buffer sizes