Thinking about buying a WODE - few general questions
Sorry if these have been asked over a million times, just trying to make sure my i's are dotted and my t's are crossed =)
Specs of my Wii -
System Menu - 4.3U
Disk Drive - D3-2
I'm assuming I have an NTSC-U. I live in Texas & bought my Wii in Walmart.
1. I do not plan on doing much with my Wii if I buy a WODE. Just play backups via a 120GB HDD & thats basically it. No ripping whatsoever. So the WODE is a good buy?
2. Like stated above, I'll be using a 120GB HDD. I understand that games can be in .iso or that other format (its .wbsf or something?). Which one is better? If I keep games in .iso format to reduce hassle of converting to the other format, approx. how many games can I store on a 120GB?
3. WodeFlow.. I'm new to terms like loader & such, but from my understanding, instead of using the LCD screen to select games, WodeFlow allows you to select games via the Wii itself (like any other regular game)? I'm new to Wii modding (only experience is with M3 card for original Nintendo DS years ago). I've seen videos of using WODE and the way to select games was via the LCD screen. But from my understanding, I can softmod my Wii with HBC, then install Wodeflow?
4. My wii has the drive D3-2, so I understand I cannot play backups via discs. However, I was wondering, I've always wanted to use my Wii as a DVD player also. Is that possible with the drive I have? And if so, what softmod would I use? I've heard about DVDx but I do not know exactly what it is and if it even has anything to do with playing DVD movies.
5. Final question... what is a reputable site to buy WODE from? I live in the U.S. and have narrowed my search to the following:
Foundmy.com Console Solution - Wode JukeBox v2.0 + 5x bonuses - $89
Wode Jukebox Wii Modchip w/ Free Shipping (Free Wireless Sensor Bar + USB Cable + Triwing + Phillips Screwdriver) - Modchip Central Ltd - $88.95
Canadamods.ca - Official Distributor of AVRKey, Wode JukeBox, Wiikey Fusion, Wasabi DX, DriveKey,iEdge, M3i, SunKey, Wii-Clip, and more - Wode Jukebox 2.0 - Game Ripping Feature - Free Tools - $84.95
WODE Jukebox (Wii Optical Drive Emulator) - $88.95
I'm in no rush for it, just looking for a site that has a fair price (which all of them do) and comes with all of the equipment I need for installation (which all of them seem to do also).
Thank you for your time and sorry for all of the questions!