Didn't work for me. Tried just to see if it would recognize but nothing. Emailed foundmy since thats where I purchased to see if they have any info. It's crazy that there's little to no information floating around about this device. Will update if and when I get it working.
Got email that says if powered in wii all off (down) if unpowered or out of wii 2 up rest down which appeared to work but fpga ver no is 0.0 not 2.0 on drivekey screen.
Can tell when switchs are right because it displays serial no in dkprog
Also email said never put 1 up
How to update your drivekey
Stuff needed PC, Jtag programmer with its cable, the drivekey with it is cable and it own serial and files from drivekey download site.
1. Force the JTAG in its update mode: All the switches should be ON, meaning upp.
2. Start DKprog_1.3.exe
3. Connect the USB and the JTAG to the USB, red LED should light.
4. File open and under file type choose programmer update
5. Menu Programmer and update
6. The red LED should be off now and under test you can turn on and off the blue LED
7. File open, choose type SPI flash
8. Update SPI Flash and wait as this might take couple of minutes
9. Shut down the Dkprog_1.3 and change the Switch 1,3,4 to OFF and keep 2 ON
10. if Drivekey is connect to Wii it is fine but remove the Wii power cabel.
11. connect the Drivekey to the Jtag and connect to PC
12. Start Dkprog again and you can check under Flash for the drivekey serial to see if it is the same as the one you downloaded for, if not then the update will not work, you take the serial you got from dkprog and enter it on the site for downloading the correct format for the specific drivekey
13. File and choose filetype drivekey update
14. Depending on 125 or 250 chip on your drivekey, then you choose the correct one and open it.
15. Update FPGA Code and just wait and this might take some time but you will see when it is done.
16 Shutdown the software, disconnect the Jtag and Drivekey and put it back in Wii or power Wii on and enjoy gaming.
For updating other drivekey, do step 10-16
Remember that step 12 is very important.
I tryed the way you discribe but when i get to to the point of programming the DKProg it gives me:
Error: connection error.
Anybody any suggestions what to try, i tryed about all the configurations woth the switches but still no go.
I use Windows Vista 64 bit.
What DKProg Drivekey update gives for me? :) Thnx.
I wonder why you still can't get the programmer in the UK... tsk tsk!
Thank you so much for your help. The problem I am having though is it won't update from sw 1.0 fpga 1.0. I tried updating fpga again and even tried updating the spi again with 1,3,4 off 2 on then updating fpga again, no luck. Am I missing something?